If You Eat Cookies, Cakes, Ice Cream Daily Do You Consider Yourself Dieting?

Options

Replies

• collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your help. Yes I went for the maximum weight loss because I have gained 40 lbs since I turned 50 three years ago and wanted to lose it as fast as possible. And I don't bother with "exercise" calories because walking the dogs and kayaking isn't really what I would consider a "work out".

But perhaps I will have to revisit that because I am finding it hard to stick to under 1200 calories even without the occasional treat or glass of wine.

Kayaking's actually a pretty awesome burn, especially if you're the one steering, or if it's a single kayak. It's an excellent arm workout, and you're propelling some pretty heavy stuff through the water -- doubly so if you're going against the current.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Actually, depending on how much walking you do and how quickly, you may be burning more than you think. This site has a sister site: mapmyrun.com. You tell it where you walked (it gives you a map) and how long it took you and it'll tell you how much you burned. Or just plug your minutes and walking speed into the exercise log here.

If you click on quote under the message you're responding to, people won't have to guess what you're talking about -- especially when you're not responding to the OP, which I don't think you are.

Edited to fix grammatical error.
This discussion has been closed.