Women....Period Tracker App??

Options
Does anyone use the Period Tracker app for iphone? I like the look of it, but I'm not sure if it is worth the money.

Replies

• springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Um, there are trying to conceive ones out there if that's what you're asking. I don't know of any about menstration. Shop is surgically closed up for me, so I can't help specifically, but I have heard of them.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Um. No. Why do you need an app? What special things does it do?
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Never even heard of such a thing, so now you have me curious,
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I might be super old fashion, but can't you just use a calendar?
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    you can get app box pro. It has about 20 diff apps in the app, including period tracker.

unless you are trying to have a baby, or trying to avoid having a baby then it's not worth it getting.
  • Tabby1980
    Tabby1980 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I use iperiod lite on my ipad - it's pretty handy and it's free :)
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    We haven't started TTC because of my weight, but that's what I'm looking for...tracking so we can conceive.
  • crazynay96
    Options
    for iPhone period tracker lite..... its free.... it tracks other things too.... I love it! Used it for almost a year now
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    http://www.mymonthlycycles.com/ - Can be used for fertility or not.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    ahhhhhhahah.
  • tropicalicyicy
    tropicalicyicy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i use a free one called iP (iPeriod) free..its only got an ad in the beginning when you run it. i really like it, plus there's a ton of stuff you can record on your calender..you should check it out!
  • BekJ
    BekJ Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've got it and a few of my friends have it too....
    It's seemed to work for them...
    Not so much for me yet... (hubby works stupid hours (IT nerd)) so it's hard to actually "pin him down" at the right moments...

It keeps track of when your period is, and thus can tell you when you're fertile... Just remember that this is an App not science, so the timing my not be accurate for you (unless you input your temperature and such, which is available on the full version). Every women is different.
    But I think for what it is, it is a wonderful tool!!!
  • jgoff3003
    jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My partner got it as a joke becasue he says my moods are as reliable as the stock market, but now we are using it to work out when I am ovulating to track when is the best time to conceive. We had some trouble with it at first as I was on the pill so it took some time for my cycles to sync up normally
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Yup - period tracker lite... FREE!!! my cycles are all outta whack - so trying to keep track ...
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    For those of you wondering why you should track it. Those who dont (and arent on BC or physically no longer able to have babies) are more likely to have an unplanned pregnancy go unnoticed until the second or even third triemster. Its also helpful as a way to "predict" ovulation and avoid or try to get pregnant. The longer you track prior to TTC to more likely you are to find your proper cycle (which can change with weight loss) and take less tries to conceive
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Perhaps it has a tampon dispenser... :laugh:
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    don't buy one, there are free ones..
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I use mymonthlycycles.com. I get an email when I'm so many days away from my scheduled start date.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I loved that app when I had an iPhone. I wish they'd come out with a droid version. The one I use now (Pink Pad) is ok, but not great.

It's cute, it's easy and intuitive and fairly discreet. I like that it uses an average of all the cycles you've entered to predict your period since I do not have a 28 day cycle. I'm pretty regular, but it's more of a 37 day cycle. I also like the automatic back up feature. Every so often it prompts you to send a back up file to your e-mail. That was great when my iPhone decided to brick itself. When I got a new one was able to use the back up file to restore all the data from that ap.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I use iP free - they do an paid version with more twiddly bits than I won't care about. Not sure what you need it for but it tracks everything around fertility (your lucky days!) your fertile days etc, and also the TOM stuff, moods, cramps etc etc if you want to. I use it to track my lack of regularity lol as thought at some stage I should ask the Dr to investigate - it's great for that. A word of warning though - it gives you the next few months due dates - I figured that I had TOM for Christmas, holiday, Valentines and mine and my partners Birthday - probably didn't need to know that! lol x *Edited to say - it is also password protected in case you get people at work checking out your apps like I do! *