Elimination Diet

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    mmapags wrote: »
    No Whole 30 is not a "good starting point". The specific directions of the physician is a good starting point.

My apologies, I should have clarified...it's a good place to start if you don't have specific instructions from your doctor. But I agree that they should check in with the doctor first before starting anything.

Thanks for the clarification.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    rymattsmom wrote: »
    I have been asked by my dr to try the elimination diet. Hoping to start it in September. Looking for tips on what to eat/what not to eat, recipes, breakfast ideas, things to buy. Thanks in advance!!!

If your doctor did not tell you what to eliminate then you need to go ask them for a specific plan that fits what they are trying to accomplish with you.
    If they already told you to eliminate a specific food or foods then you might want to post that information when looking for ideas.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    i eliminated the excess amount of calories i was eating.

i eat the same foods, but not as much. ;)

Sounds like the opposite of the "seafood" diet...."I see food, and I eat it".

d585p7q3p6cq.gif

yeah i did that for the first 33 years of my life lolololol
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Did OP ever come back?!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Your doctor has suggested an elimination diet, therefore they should be suggesting what to eat and not to eat. Or at least giving you a general idea of where to start and how to progress. Otherwise they've not been very helpful IMO.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Did OP ever come back?!

probably eliminated us from their life lololol
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Did OP ever come back?!

probably eliminated us from their life lololol

"He ain't heavy, he's my"...
    ...oh, nevermind. :D