My journey to lose 100!

Options
destaniegetsfit
destaniegetsfit Posts: 60 Member
edited August 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hey!! I'm Destanie, 27 and I'm 5'6. My starting weight was 245 pounds (June 12, 2018) and my current weight is 197 pounds. My overall goal is to lose 100 pounds. I just want to be happy, healthy and have a normal BMI! I've made a complete lifestyle change since June. I'm just getting started though and I love finding people who share the same goals as myself. Here is a pic...its awful and I'm ashamed of letting myself get like that... but thank God for change! Still a long way to go! Good luck to everyone! tpfil4eokmk1.jpg

Replies

• Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Great job so far!
  • mwismer74
    mwismer74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look amazing...what does your diet look like if you dont mind me asking
  • Priyanka2883
    Priyanka2883 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yeahh... We are on the same journey. Feel free to add me.
  • pjackrn
    pjackrn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the great work!
  • destaniegetsfit
    Options
    mwismer74 wrote: »
    You look amazing...what does your diet look like if you dont mind me asking

Thanks so much! I don't follow any certain plan. I just eat healthy. Baked foods, tuna, veggies, etc. I do calorie count though, using MFP. I just try to stay in the limit I get thru there. Also, only water... water seems to be key. Lol. I don't eat any sweets, bread, pasta or chips. I know some people can do that and still lose but for me, I had to just stop it altogether. I knew having it once would make me want it more 🤷‍♀️ everyone is different..that's just what has worked best for me!
  • PhotogirlTX
    PhotogirlTX Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Great job! I started on January 1st.. and so far have lost 72 pounds of my 106 goal. You can do this!
  • destaniegetsfit
    Options
    Great job! I started on January 1st.. and so far have lost 72 pounds of my 106 goal. You can do this!

That's awesome!! Congrats!! What have you been doing to lose the weight? Maybe something I can add to what I'm doing 😊 keep up the great work!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" started at 248 and want to lose exactly 100 lbs too. I've rollercoastered around, but for the last two months things have been better. I'm 1/3 of the way to my goal. For me exercise is great, but it hurts and is hard, but after losing 20 or 30 lbs it just feels easier and better. Once we are at our 100 lbs less goal weight, bouncing around skipping running swimming will be a snap.
  • destaniegetsfit
    Options
    I'm 5'8" started at 248 and want to lose exactly 100 lbs too. I've rollercoastered around, but for the last two months things have been better. I'm 1/3 of the way to my goal. For me exercise is great, but it hurts and is hard, but after losing 20 or 30 lbs it just feels easier and better. Once we are at our 100 lbs less goal weight, bouncing around skipping running swimming will be a snap.

That's great! Keep up the good work..you can do this. I know it's hard! Probably the hardest thing I've ever done! But, the most rewarding too! I have four kids.. they were born back to back.. so I let myself go. I'm hoping to finally get where I wanna be. Losing 100 is a lot of weight but when you accomplish small goals along the way, it feels a lot less overwhelming! 🙂
  • apenney508
    apenney508 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My journey starts on Monday 20th August! waving goodbye to the Menopause weight that shot me up from 10 stone to 12 & half! not nice mainly around my waist and mid-drift very uncomfortable and painful believe it or not.
    HRT has put me in a great place to be determined to get back to a full and happy life.
  • havenlynn59
    havenlynn59 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i am starting my weight loss journey on monday... so nervous. i think the biggest thing that holds me back is routine and how much money to spend on food while on a budget haha.. any friendly exercise tips and food tricks???
  • destaniegetsfit
    Options
    i am starting my weight loss journey on monday... so nervous. i think the biggest thing that holds me back is routine and how much money to spend on food while on a budget haha.. any friendly exercise tips and food tricks???

Hey!! That worried me too.. lol.. but I dont spend a lot on food.. I look for good deals.. I try to find chicken breast on sale and buy it and cook it and eat it for my next 3-4 meals. And I sometimes just eat ham sandwiches on whole wheat bread. I know that isn't the ideal healthy meal, but it has worked for me. Eggs are cheap and you can boil them, scramble or eat an omelette. Turkey burgers and ground Turkey are pretty cheap.. u can make all kinds of Meals with ground turkey. My advice is to just find good deals and do what you can. You don't have to spend alot on a big fancy meal.. you can lose weight eating on a budget :smile: as for routine, I have finally gotten myself into a good routine. It just takes time to adjust.. once you do, you've got it! Good luck!
  • destaniegetsfit
    Options
    And for exercise, start slow and do what you feel comfortable doing. Even if it's just walking... anything helps and you can change it up as you get more comfortable. :)
  • destaniegetsfit
    Options
    <3<3<3<3
  • caclarklee
    caclarklee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nice keep it up
  • LoveMusic4Life
    LoveMusic4Life Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am also on a weight loss journey, and started a couple of weeks ago. Im 28lb left until my goal, i know its not much compared to others but you guys are already doing amazing jobs on your journies 😁.
    Please feel free to add me i would love to see you how you guys progress, inspirational, and keep up doing what works, before ya know it that goal will be done. 👍👍😁
  • destaniegetsfit
    Options
    I am also on a weight loss journey, and started a couple of weeks ago. Im 28lb left until my goal, i know its not much compared to others but you guys are already doing amazing jobs on your journies 😁.
    Please feel free to add me i would love to see you how you guys progress, inspirational, and keep up doing what works, before ya know it that goal will be done. 👍👍😁

Great Job! Sent you an add! Keep up your great work, too!
  • DBNGUY786
    DBNGUY786 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well Done on the weight loss thus far. At the very least you are headed in the right direction. All the best going forward.
  • destaniegetsfit
    Options
    DBNGUY786 wrote: »
    Well Done on the weight loss thus far. At the very least you are headed in the right direction. All the best going forward.
    Thanks so much!
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    keep up the awesome work!! I am focusing on 100 lbs right now - currently down almost 30 from my highest weight. :)