Not eating enough gaining weight

Options
13»

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You need to open your diary to the public, just briefly.
  • manowarrule2003
    manowarrule2003 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Well.... Havent read other replies... I would suggest... Not losing weight? .... Eat less. Or do more exercise... Or both
  • shellyferguson14
    shellyferguson14 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    can only do an hour
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    can only do an hour

Just wait til you get your food scale, start weighing everything.... Do that consistently for a few weeks, sticking to you calorie goal and then report back.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    FTLOG

If you're not losing weight over the longvterm, you're eating too much to lose weight.

It doesn't matter one bit how much you think you are eating. What matters are results. Your results show no weight loss iver the long term. Therefore you are eating too much to lose. Does matter if your math shows 1100 calories or 11,000 calories.
  • shellyferguson14
    Options
    OK will wait for my food scale to come, my diary will be public until tomorrow, let me know what im doing wrong
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Every day is exactly the same. The food scale will be eye-opening. Do let us know.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    OK will wait for my food scale to come, my diary will be public until tomorrow, let me know what im doing wrong

You've not been logging long, you miss random days (more than just one per week). You aren't weighing, but that has been addressed already and getting a food scale will help.

Have you entered all of your smoothie ingredients in to the recipe builder to determine the calories? Or is that a random entry for "smoothie"? What about "crock pot chicken"?

You said you get fat from beef, but there's no entries for beef in your log.?
  • shellyferguson14
    Options
    beef was before starting logging on, my fat is on the low side , was never a fat eater,yes all my smoothie is accounted for, i weight once a week, seeing my weight written down is a mood killer, crock pot chicken is my recipe put in all ingredients mixed veggies ,medium onion , chicken thighs with parsley and basil,downloaded app on my kindle logging back in after about a year
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    beef was before starting logging on, my fat is on the low side , was never a fat eater,yes all my smoothie is accounted for, i weight once a week, seeing my weight written down is a mood killer, crock pot chicken is my recipe put in all ingredients mixed veggies ,medium onion , chicken thighs with parsley and basil,downloaded app on my kindle logging back in after about a year

even if everything in the smoothie is accounted for not weighing it Im guaranteeing that the calories are higher than you think in it.when you make a recipe it helps to weigh everything you put in it and log accordingly. a medium onion? that could be any size or calories,even though it wouldnt be a lot it still counts. chicken thighs are higher in fat than chicken breast but fat is not a bad thing so its going to have a bit more calories as well and not weighing it its going to be more than you think. trust me Ive had chicken breast that said they were 4oz(112-113g) and they ended up being more like 6oz.
  • shellyferguson14
    Options
    When i get the food scale hopefully ill be more accurate
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    When i get the food scale hopefully ill be more accurate

it will be more accurate just make sure you use the proper entries as well. but weighing is more accurate than estimating or using cups
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    It is possible your gaining weight because you aren’t enough enough, drinking enough. Your body will fight for every calorie and retain water if you aren’t eating enough. The other alternative as many said is that you are eating more than you think. Use n activity tracker and my fitness pal together. Know how much you’re really burning with how much your truly eating. It will paint a more accurate portrait of what you’re really doing

its not due to not eating or drinking enough. thats an old myth.your body wont fight for calories it will use body fat,lean mass,muscle,etc for energy if you arent getting enough calories. youd still lose weigh
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    It is possible your gaining weight because you aren’t enough enough, drinking enough. Your body will fight for every calorie and retain water if you aren’t eating enough. The other nly alternative as many said is that you are eating more than you think. Use n activity tracker and my fitness pal together. Know how much you’re really burning with how much your truly eating. It will paint a more accurate portrait of what you’re really doing

FIFY