For every pound I lose I will pay it forward w/ Charity!!! j

Options
I have decided that whatever lbs. I lose by New Years Eve I will multiply by 2 and send a check to Susan G. Komen for the Cure dedicated to my Grandma a survivor and to the Intracranial Hypertension Research Foundation (IHRF) which is a medical condition I was diagnosed with on Feb 2010. So far I have lost bout 23 lbs. I'm shooting for a total of 30+ lbs. by New Years Eve, so it would be nice to send a check to Susan G. Komen for the Cure and to the IHRF! Gonna work hard! This is my Motivation!

Now I want to know. WILL YOU join me in paying it forward!!! Pick a charity or a place where you can donate you time!

I have decided on these charities!!!

This is how you can help

1. You can donate to charity of you choice- $1 to $5 dollars for every pound you lose
2. You can donate 30 min. to 1 hour of volunteer work for every pound you lose.
3. Donate 1 to 5 can goods, non perishable, or other items to the Hunger Task Force or you local school pantery
4. Donate 1 to 5 school supplies, toys, clothing ect... to a local school, church, YMCA, homeless shelter or where ever you feel
you can be of help!

Make a difference in your life while paying it forward!!!

Tell me how can you help!!!

Replies

• JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i will not be contributing to America's obesity epidemic! thats all i got:wink:
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    that's an awesome idea! i think I'll do the same, but I'm going to donate to Autism Speaks...and I'm going to wait until my "anniversary" --March 28th!
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I love this. I posted something about this once and was surprised at how a SMALL response I received. Since I have changed the way that I have eaten I have saved quite a bit of money on food at the gorcery store so what I have done it donate between 5.00 to 10.00 a week in canned food to the local food pantry since there are so many families using them in the current economic climate (And I am by NO means rich). But I think i am going to research and also send a check to do what I can to attempt to help feed some of the starving children of Somolia.
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    The members on this site recently have reached the number of 20 million lbs lost.

I wonder often how many children in the world could be fed by the food the MFP's are NOT eating.
  • lexy83
    lexy83 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    The members on this site recently have reached the number of 20 million lbs lost.

I wonder often how many children in the world could be fed by the food the MFP's are NOT eating.