Binge eater

Options
Hi everyone,

My name is Stephanie. I have used the MFP app on my phone off and on for months now but wasn't feeling 100% motivated so I decided that logging on my computer and chatting with others might help!

Here is my story: 1 year ago I weighed 116 lb and I now weigh 127. Nothing changed in my diet or exercise routine so my doctor attributed it to my age (I am 28) since all my bloodwork came back normal. I started using MFP to try and get back to where I was 1 year ago. My worst habit is that I will use the app all day and track my calories and decide what I will eat for dinner based on my remaining calories and then I will get home from work and eat......and eat........and eat. I don't know if it is stress eating or what. I've always been somewhat of an overeater. I really won't stop eating when I am full; I stop eating when the food is gone.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and I look forward to chatting with you all! :)

Stephanie

Replies

• blackroses000
    Options
    I totally now how you feel! I'll be soooo good all day at work and have planned what I will eat when I get home, but as soon as I get home I go crazy and eat everything in site! What I've started doing is when I get home I get changed and head straight to the gym. I find that when I get home I'm much more inclined to eat in moderate amounts because i've gotten rid of any stress I had at the gym!

Add me as a friend if you'd like! I'm always looking for new friends on here so we can all help motivate eachother! I find i've been way more successful in my two weeks on the site then I was for the 4 months I was just trying to use MFP on my phone. The motivation and encouragement from everybody really helps!

Good luck and welcome :)
  • pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    I had the same problem. I used to have a binge eating problem when I first started mfp, recently I have stopped logging my foods and I have been doing much better and losing some more weight since I only eat when i'm hungry instead of saying oh I have 500 calories left to eat. Feel free to add me :)
  • tonitiger26
    tonitiger26 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing and I have noticed too that going to the gym helps. I really do think it is from stress. I take my clothes for the gym with me to work and go straight there. I eat a small snack before I go and when I get home I'm hungry, but not out of control and binging like I use to do.
  • Tweety379
    Options
    I have the same problem. Sometimes I will just eat because I'm tired and want energy, but choose the wrong foods and it doesn't work so I eat some more wrong foods. You just have to pick yourself up and try again the next day. I find if I don't sit down when I get home, I won't eat. I try to leave little tasks for myself to do when I get home before I head out to the gym. When I get back, it's time to cook dinner. Some days, I fail. Just know that you are not the only one.