good & bad

Options
im losing weight. yeah
my legs are thinner, so are my arms, my butts looking pretty good and i have more definition to my waist
all good right?
but since NOTHING is leaving my stomach area THATS just looking WORSE
i think i may have invented the first DEPRESSING NSV
IIf thats even possible?

Replies

• nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    My stomach is the exact same way...which means the first place we gain wait is the last place we loose....i almost gave up a million times because of it...but DONT im still working on it and am here for ya!!
  • Brandirina
    Brandirina Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Weight comes off in odd ways sometimes. Try not to be discouraged - look how far you've come! Keep it up!
  • jupaba
    jupaba Posts: 25
    Options
    I was having the same conversation with myself today. My pants are bigger in the thigh but my stomach seems to be not shrinking as quickly. I do my cardio and crunches. Guess I will have to be patient and hope it comes. If you figure it out let me know the secret.
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Just remember -- you can't choose where fat is lost on your body. We're the most acutely aware of our problem areas and can be easily frustrated because we focus on what hasn't happened when we look at ourselves. Here's something I shared with my MFP friends today. I showed a photo from 10 years ago to my 4-year old this morning. In the picture I'm clearly heavier than I am now and had no facial hair then. I asked him who was in the picture. He indicated it was me. Then I asked him if I look different in the picture. He thought for a moment and said, "Your shirt is different." What WE focus on when looking at ourselves is not what others see. Use your feeling about your stomach as motivation to keep working...it WILL get better if you keep at it! But rather than being depressed about what hasn't change, savor what has changed. You've earned the right to feel good about your progress! And you're probably the only one focusing so much on your stomach. Just think about life from a 4-year old's point of view and you'll savor more victories! Cheers! :wink:
  • greatdragon
    Options
    the weight in the mid section is the hardest to get rid of, as your total body fat starts to drop mid section WILL start to decrees but it take a while before it does.

Also to the the crunchers out there if your looking for a smaller mid section STOP doing crunches as they will only make your mid section bigger so unless you going for that ripped look crunches hurt and are almost useless do flutter kicks
    http://www.ehow.com/video_2369097_basic-exercises-flutter-kicks.html

these focus on the lower abs vs the upper abs that crunches focus on this gives you a longer tighter mid section