MAKE UP AT THE GYM!!???

Options

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    There are just some women who are uncomfortable leaving the house without makeup. I think it's sad. But to each her own.

why on earth is it sad to have pride in appearance? please.

why would anyone care to lose weight if they didn't have some pride in their appearance (and please do not pretend it is only for health reasons).

why do people dye or bleach their hair (I don't do it, but I certainly don't refer to those who do as "sad"? why wear fashionable clothing instead of feed sacks? why pierce your ears (or whatever)?

Frankly, I think it is sad NOT to have pride in your appearance.

I do not care one bit what YOU wear to the gym, or to the supermarket, or to a night out on the town, but I care about what I wear, thankyouverymuch.

blessings.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I most definitely don't take my make up off before working out. I work out at home.. but I'd still probably wear some to the gym, just because I look like a douche without it.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Some people just feel better with make up. But the people who wait for a parking space right next to the door make me laugh. Really? At the gym? Aren't we there to exercise?

Yes! I love watching people wait for a spot close to the door.
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me too much, because if I work out in the afternoon or evening and have been wearing makeup I don't take it off, but what really really bugs me at the gym is when women wear super strong perfume. And, living where I do, this happens a lot. I've had to cut my runs short because I got headaches and the really strong scent made me eyes water. THAT makes me mad. But makeup, eh, doesn't really affect my workout.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    i think the reason a lot of people get bothered by it is because of jealousy...i wont even lie thats why i get bothered by it. they CAN dress like theyre going out and walk on the treadmill for 10 minutes and call it a workout and still be skinny. I look like hell when i workout and i bust my *kitten* so seeing people like that make me feel bad about myself. I would probably go back to the gym on campus now that i've lost a lot of weight and i'm in shape, but when i was 150 lbs and struggling the last thing I wanted to see was a group of skinny girls in full makeup walking and talking and then saying "oh awesome workout" when they were there for 15 minutes.

I haven't been back to the campus gym since. maybe i'll go again to see if i care now. i might, i might not. But i know that when I was heavy (for my body type--dont get offended if you're 150 because on some people that looks fantastic) it honestly made me feel terrible about myself.
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I saw a woman in full make up and Juicy sweats once.

And I just kept thinking "really, it's freaking LA Fitness... the only people here are SAHM's and geriatrics who are you trying to impress"

Made me laugh
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    There are just some women who are uncomfortable leaving the house without makeup. I think it's sad. But to each her own.

why would anyone care to lose weight if they didn't have some pride in their appearance (and please do not pretend it is only for health reasons).

why do people dye or bleach their hair (I don't do it, but I certainly don't refer to those who do as "sad"? why wear fashionable clothing instead of feed sacks? why pierce your ears (or whatever)?

I do not care one bit what YOU wear to the gym, or to the supermarket, or to a night out on the town, but I care about what I wear, thankyouverymuch.

blessings.

Agreed!
  • sleepytexan
    Options
    Some people go to the gym to be seen, not to get a good workout.

I have to wear makeup otherwise everyone would know my secret identity (Super Spin Instructor).

Too bad you missed the spin class I taught this morning. It's ok--you can join me for my 2.5 hour dance rehearsal tonight to see if we get a good workout while wearing makeup. (don't worry, I've showered in between and reapplied my makeup, so I'm set).

Tomorrow, we'll ride 35 miles, then teach a student dance class, wearing makeup. Thursday, another spin class and student in the afternoon. Friday morning -- ocean SUP (please -- waterproof mascara). Saturday morning we're riding Oceanside to Dana Point and back. that's 80 miles -- we'll ride about 16 mph avg. --please remember tinted chapstick.

If you have trouble keeping up, it's probably 'cause you're not wearing enough makeup. See ya!

blessings.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options

blessings.
    wow, hostile much? It's just my opinion. About a very specific behavior...the inability to ever ever leave the house without full on makeup, period.

So yes, I think it's sad. And to each her own. You can calm down now.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Or it's still there from the night before. My makeup stays on for days, no matter how often I wash or work out.
  • sleepytexan
    Options

blessings.
    wow, hostile much? It's just my opinion. About a very specific behavior...the inability to ever ever leave the house without full on makeup, period.

Wearing makeup calms me, and makes me happy. I think it burns calories too.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I'd never be able to do it, I sweat way too much!
  • JigglyHuffRunner
    Options
    This makes me want to wear full on goth make up to the gym

^ I wish you went to MY gym!!!

OP you are totally allowed to feel how you feel; I personally try not to let the things in life I don't have control over bother me.
    I don't want to get an ulcer and if I do, I don't want it to be over if other women in the gym are wearing make up or not - know what I mean?
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I don't care about people wearing make up. I know some are just getting off work and others feel better with it on.

However, people smoking in front or near the gym make me lol.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I don't leave the house without some make up on my face. I have terrible under-eye circles. If I don't cover up a bit people ask if I'm sick or comment on how tired I look. And if I'm seeing myself in the mirror while I'm working out (and the gym has mirrors everywhere) I want to feel better about how I look. Why do you care? It's my face, right?
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options

blessings.

Wearing makeup calms me, and makes me happy. I think it burns calories too.
    I forgot about that, it definitely burns more calories…
  • tyrownp
    tyrownp Posts: 13
    Options
    sounds like a hateocracy going on lol If women want to come to the gym and feel like they need an extra facial boost to make things right...hey i'm all for it...not just because i'm a man....i'm not looking....really
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Some people just feel better with make up. But the people who wait for a parking space right next to the door make me laugh. Really? At the gym? Aren't we there to exercise?
    OMG!! Thats what I always say!!! Try walking a bit of distance...think of it as a warm up. lol
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    OMG!! Thats what I always say!!! Try walking a bit of distance...think of it as a warm up. lol

I know. I always park way at the far end of the gym. Even when the weather is 115 degrees or raining.
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options

blessings.

I love you that was exactly what I was thinking.