Needing support

Options
sjmgde
sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
edited August 2018 in Motivation and Support
Hey MFP world.... so I’m a serial starter over and I’m sick of it.... I have motivation for a little bit but then throw in the towel. However, I’m ready to be done with this weight stuff. I’m 5’7 and weigh 240 and I’m 38. I would like to be 160. So 80# to lose. I’m not into fad diets... just want to count my calories and watch my sodium and do my 3-4 mile walks and eventually start running again .... but I need the motivation and the support and people to say hey get your 💩in a group... feel free to friend me... or any thoughts you may have to help me get this weight down.... thanks in advance

Replies

• NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hey I’m with you. I’ve been doing the roller coaster for many many many years. I’m 210 5”4” and would love to be a healthy 170. But it seems 2 weeks is my max for behaving. I was 276 14 years ago. So I know I can loose the weight. And keep most of it off. Just so hard for me to stay under 200. We can support each other😁
  • blumenstockbj
    blumenstockbj Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I would love to be adopted into your group also. I am 55 and 240, at one point I had gotten down to 212 and now I’m back up almost at my starting weight of 250. I seem to yo-yo back-and-forth and having a hard time continuing once I’ve lost some weight. I get frustrated easily and then seem to give up, so I can use any support you would like to throw this way and I will be more than happy to support you in anyway you need to be. Thank you. Barb B
  • blumenstockbj
    Options
    I am so frustrated my intentions are so good I get up and through the day end up losing all of my motivation. I’m having a hard time now trying to get back into the routine I used to have and trying to lose weight again. It’s almost like I don’t care anymore. Oh well today’s another day maybe I’ll do better today. Good luck to everyone else!
    Barb B
  • Sandra448
    Sandra448 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I’ve been on the diet roller coaster many times. I have gained the most weight in the last 5 years. Where was I that I didn’t notice until it got really bad? I have lost 7.4 lb in the last 6 weeks; 3 weeks on Keto. Anyone want to join me on a low carb or Keto journey?
  • NewTnme
    Options
    I am so frustrated my intentions are so good I get up and through the day end up losing all of my motivation. I’m having a hard time now trying to get back into the routine I used to have and trying to lose weight again. It’s almost like I don’t care anymore. Oh well today’s another day maybe I’ll do better today. Good luck to everyone else!
    Barb B

I’ve been here before too. Don’t give up on what you really want to accomplish. We all can get where we have to be. Instead of taking one day at a time take 1 meal or snack at a time. Log it!!! be honest!!! And change what you can. It will work out. It is a long life style change to be the best healthy you. 💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾
  • NewTnme
    Options
    Sandra448 wrote: »
    I’ve been on the diet roller coaster many times. I have gained the most weight in the last 5 years. Where was I that I didn’t notice until it got really bad? I have lost 7.4 lb in the last 6 weeks; 3 weeks on Keto. Anyone want to join me on a low carb or Keto journey?

Hey with keto you WILL have the results your looking for. It was an excellent way to loose the weight for me. I really did great. I lost 17 lbs in a little over 3 weeks. The only thing is I lack discipline. I love going out to eat and eating things I shouldn’t. I wish I could join you but my desire to eat what ever I want will not work. But you got this!!! There are sooooooo many things you can enjoy on keto. Great luck to you !!💐
  • NewTnme
    Options
    I would love to be adopted into your group also. I am 55 and 240, at one point I had gotten down to 212 and now I’m back up almost at my starting weight of 250. I seem to yo-yo back-and-forth and having a hard time continuing once I’ve lost some weight. I get frustrated easily and then seem to give up, so I can use any support you would like to throw this way and I will be more than happy to support you in anyway you need to be. Thank you. Barb B

Come aboard I know I need all the support I can get and give. ☺️
  • AhmedM94
    AhmedM94 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am an arab
    23 years
    Please feel free to follow me 🌸😘
  • MsBriHigh
    MsBriHigh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Totally been there before. I can't count how many times I've started over... I keep telling myself "this time it's gonna be different" and then do the same thing, or get distracted and put all my goals on the back burner. I've got about 80-100 lbs to lose, so if you (any of you all, haha) would like some support, we can totally support each other!
  • CanadaGirl3440
    CanadaGirl3440 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Please add me to your Keto group. I have just started and I love reading about the triumphs and challenges faced by others. There is nothing like a supportive group of online friends to keep you motivated. :)
  • blumenstockbj
    Options
    Thank U all for the replies and the support I have been busy the last couple days and have not checked the community. It really made a difference about the way I felt when I saw all of the support it really meant a lot thank you. I am getting back on track and I’ve started going back to aqua aerobics. I hadn't log for a week or two and now I’m back to logging my meals. Please feel free to friend me and I will try to give back the support but I have received - and will check him to the community more often.
    Barb B