Being FAT and STUFF

Options
It’s insane this weight journey. I hate dieting and I hate the feeling that if I don’t loose weight I’m not only disappointing myself but anyone watching and or tracking my journey. And you can’t hide it. As soon as people see you eating salads and drinking water it’s a given your trying to loose weight or be healthier and there it all starts. The cheers when you look different to them. The taunts when you have a candy bar. Constantly being watched and judged. I don’t want to be fat, or skinny, I just want to feel good about myself and be healthy. Yet that’s the myth behind it. Because if we are really honest with ourselves, we want to look good, and whatever the definition of good is to you is our end result. Well, I had Gastric Bypass 1 year ago, and now I’ve gained 15 pounds. Of course I’m over exaggerating the weight gain which is leading to depression and worse eating habits. Well, for me, today is another beginning for me, and I’m more serious than ever because I know how good I felt 15 pounds ago and I know the more I loose the better I’ll feel. So if your with me - shout out - May we SLAY TODAY!!

Replies

• SelenaMariaStewart
    SelenaMariaStewart Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    MAY WE SLAY TODAY! I agree with you completely. But all is. It lost, hit it hard and take back control!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I agree dont discuss what you do or why with anyone. Salads???? Not if you dont want to! Eat half of what everyone eats and if anyone asks....your full...not hungry...dont feel like it!
    Simple. Your challenge is is to keep others out of your biz even if you lie...it's okay!
    You dont need anyone watching you and log but do it well!
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    I’ve never had a soul question why I was eating salad or drinking water. Both are perfectly normal activities.

Me neither. I see most of my colleagues drinking water all day, and there's a salad bar in our canteen. I don't see why either should be noteworthy.
  • meagan8376
    meagan8376 Posts: 94 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Old school family like aunts, grandmas, notorious for judging what you eat. My grandma wouldn’t understand why I didn’t have a side of bread with everything.

It happens.😯
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I eat salads and drink water and exercise a lot. People probably think to themselves, "Wow, she's really working hard to be thin!" Totally fine with me. I finally got to a place where I can own who I am.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Random person ~ "But why are you eating all those vegetables and exercising tho?"
    Me ~ "Because I want to live long enough to see my kids graduate from University"
    *Crickets*

It's weird. If people think you are improving your lifestyle for health reasons to live longer it's all high fives and smiles. If they think you are insecure and want to look a different way then it's open season. I guess we are hierarchical animals who need to ensure our place in some kind of pecking order.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,958 Member
    Options
    People have unwanted opinions about everything. I just try to keep to myself and if they make a snide comment, I have been known to say, "You just worry about yourself."

Some nicer Southern people might say, "Bless your heart." or, "Well that's certainly an opinion."