I need FRIENDS and HELP :)

Hello All!

My name is Aina, Im 29 years old, 5'2 in height and currently weigh 152lbs. My whole life i have been overweight and i really struggled with my weight the most this year. My heaviest is at 161lbs and i just felt really sluggish, uncomfortable and just really heavy. That became a turning point in my life. It took me a long time to realize that something needed to change. It took a while but i am determined and committing myself into changing my lifestyle. I re-started on the last week of july and have been sticking to eating healthier foods and becoming more mindful of what i eat and i track my calories as well. I also recently got a gym membership and i love the classes they provide which really helped me get out there and exercise. I am also turning 30 on January so i wanted to make it a goal to lose enough weight to be able to enter my 30's year in a good standing. My Ultimate Weight goal is around 115-120 and i know that anything is achievable as long as i put in the work. With that being said, I would be needing some help from you guys. Having a friend in MyFitnessPal with the same mindset is a great motivation knowing that people are at the same path as i am and it would really help me be more accountable. I would love to have friends in here to talk about weight loss, share tips, food, or just talk about everything under the sun. If you would like a friend, you can add me or send me a message and i will add you. Looking forward to a more fun and fullfiling journey with you guys!

Trying My Best,
Aina. :smile:

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Hi aina - sounds like you're in a perfect mental place to succeed! I dieted on and off for years, with my weight yo-yoing up and down, simply because I wasnt ready to commit to doing what I needed to do.... When my desire to lose weight became more important than filling emotional voids with food, or "rewarding" myself for being "good", I was able to stick to my plans consistently enough to reach my goal.

Good luck!
  • CrazyPixie12345
    CrazyPixie12345 Posts: 11 Member
    Hey Aina! :) Nice to meet you, and it sounds like you're doing a fantastic job! Keep it up!! The best tip I can offer, if you want to lose weight even faster is to quit sugar - the reason behind this is that, although it may have less calories than foods high in fat (for example, cheese) it can make you hungrier (the fructose in sugar is addictive). I used to have a problem with binge eating, and this tip has helped so much, I cannot recommend it enough!! Also, the book I Quit Sugar by Sarah Wilson is a fantastic resource!
    Best wishes on your weight loss,
    Em
  • elsamvanderwalt
    elsamvanderwalt Posts: 5 Member
    Hi! I am from South Africa and my goal is to lose 70.5 pounds. I struggle with binge eating, especially at night. I love sugar and this is bad because I have Diabetes. I need friends who can motivate me and whom I can motivate.
  • mazurkiepolish
    mazurkiepolish Posts: 363 Member
    Hey! You can definitely achieve your goal. You have the right mindset for it. Good luck!!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,884 Member
    Hi Aina. Sounds like you are ready to lose the weight and keep it off. You can do this. I recently turned 59, am 5'6" and currently weigh 155 pounds. My heaviest was 185, so I have lost 30 pounds. I have 20 pounds to go to reach my goal of 135, where I was 5 years ago, when I tore my calf muscle and was unable to exercise. The pounds just added on quickly - much more quickly than they are coming off. LOL Feel free to add me as a friend. I need some new motivation as well.
  • terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    Hi Aina! Just sent you a friend request :smiley:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Hi, Aina! I joined MFP 6 years ago and lost 50 pounds. Life issues brought me down and I gained some of it back. But I am here again, determined not to give up. I am not as young as you and losing weight is even more of a challenge but I have to see it through. You CAN do it!
  • AhmedM94
    AhmedM94 Posts: 23 Member
    I am an arab
    23 years
    Pharmacist to be
    Please feel free to follow me 🌸😘
  • dolcezza25
    dolcezza25 Posts: 136 Member
    Nice to meet you, Aina. Sending you a friend request - sems we have similar perspectives.
  • paterakis6693
    paterakis6693 Posts: 2 Member
    Have you found the encouragement you needed? I like to encourage others! I've lost over 70 pounds and received my certification in Sports Nutrition. Send me friend request if I can help paterakis6693, but my name is Diane Malone. I don't know how to send friend requests, sorry.