Will save ingredients but not recipe instructions

I can save any recipes ingredients but not instructions. When importing there are 2 tabs, ingredients and recipe instructions. I can see both when saving. But when I go back in the saved recipe the ingredients are there but not the recipe instructions. All ingredients were correctly matched. I got this app May of 2016 and it used to do it. Any ideas?

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    edited April 2017
    It's not supposed to save the instructions...I've used the app on and off for a couple years and it never has
  • mcharson
    mcharson Posts: 4 Member
    I’ve seen a number of posts on this topic - always see the same response ... “we will consider”. Let’s do this already!! I really value this app and would be happy to subscribe to Premium for this feature, if that’s the issue. Please “like” if you would also like to see this feature.
  • gbhartzog
    gbhartzog Posts: 3 Member
    What good is a recipe without the instructions???!!!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    gbhartzog wrote: »
    What good is a recipe without the instructions???!!!

It's literally just meant to calculate the calories/nutrients. Presumably you still have the recipe in front of you to follow?
  • Cre27
    Cre27 Posts: 21 Member
    I have been with MFP since 2012, and I was able to add descriptions, instructions d etc. I love MFP, but have been using (testing)out another food tracker which allows me to put a full recipe together, photos and etc..

I entered a recipe earlier using the “old version”, entered all the ingredients, descriptions and inst. Hit save and the only thing saved were the ingredients.