Is eating eggs everyday unhealthy !?

Options
2»

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Eat eggs.
    As you said, they are inexpensive, a great source of protein, nutritious, and delicious.
    I eat them every day too!
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    The research shows eating one egg per day has no negative effects. There isn't enough data to show that eating more than one a day has no negative effects. That's why government recommendations are saying one egg a day.
    This meta-analysis identified no significant association between egg consumption and risk of coronary heart disease or stroke. Higher intake of eggs (up to one egg per day) was not associated with risk of coronary heart disease or stroke. Similar results were obtained in subgroup analyses. However, among diabetic participants, higher egg consumption was associated with a significantly elevated risk of coronary heart disease. On the other hand, higher egg intake was associated with a lower risk of hemorrhagic stroke.

Source:

https://www.bmj.com/content/346/bmj.e8539
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Athijade wrote: »
    I will put it this way... I had high cholesterol. I decided to lose weight and actually ate MORE eggs then I had before. As my weight decreased, my cholesterol did as well. Even when I was eating a diet higher in cholesterol.

I love eggs. They taste awesome, can be used many different ways, and keep me full. They are a staple of my diet.

This was my experience also. As soon as I lost weight then my cholesterol went down despite eating more eggs and shrimp.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    vingogly wrote: »
    The research shows eating one egg per day has no negative effects. There isn't enough data to show that eating more than one a day has no negative effects. That's why government recommendations are saying one egg a day.
    This meta-analysis identified no significant association between egg consumption and risk of coronary heart disease or stroke. Higher intake of eggs (up to one egg per day) was not associated with risk of coronary heart disease or stroke. Similar results were obtained in subgroup analyses. However, among diabetic participants, higher egg consumption was associated with a significantly elevated risk of coronary heart disease. On the other hand, higher egg intake was associated with a lower risk of hemorrhagic stroke.

Source:

https://www.bmj.com/content/346/bmj.e8539

Everything that I have read recently (past few years) indicates it’s ok to eat up to 3 eggs per day for most people
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    JLG1986 wrote: »
    100% agree. Eat all the eggs! Just...not raw Rocky style lol :D

When I was a kid if I woke up late my mother would make a quick energy breakfast for me. It was a glass of orange juice, honey, a raw egg blended (maybe something else in it) with a slice of toast covered in peanut butter. I enjoyed that,
    EDIT: Maybe there was a banana in there somewhere.

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I hope not... I eat the kitten out of eggs....
  • peggym4640
    peggym4640 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm. I love eggs. They are my go to when I don't want to cook which is often. Eat the eggs.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    So long as you don't have any medical issues related to eggs, no. Eggs are perfectly fine to eat.
  • ninibigsis33
    ninibigsis33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eggs Are Low in Calories. The simplest way to lose weight is to reduce your daily calorie intake. One large egg contains only about 78 calories, yet is very high in nutrients. Three large boiled eggs contain less than 240 calories
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Cascadae wrote: »
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Cascadae wrote: »
    Eat your eggs. I gun down 3-4 most days w low fat ham & cheese. Delicious & never hungry for hours afterwards.

Yep I've noticed it keeps u full for longer time till ur lunch especially if u have ur breakfast early in the morning

Glad to see you actually have breakfast. So many people say they don't. I have mine at 6:30 every day and get to work by 7:30

Breakfast is the most important meal in the day in my opinion its like getting gas before hitting into a road trip, but believe it or not i have the se schedule at 6:30 my regular breakfast 😂👌

I fill up my car the night before a road trip, then I don't need to worry about it on the morning of the trip. But i don't eat in the morning very often either and do just fine...
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Don't know what I would do without eggs. And there is SO much you can do with them. I eat them a LOT. My major protein fix.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    vingogly wrote: »
    Everything that I have read recently (past few years) indicates it’s ok to eat up to 3 eggs per day for most people

From a *scientific* perspective, the meta-study says we know with a high degree of certainty that eating 1 egg per day (or 7 per week) is OK. From a *scientific* perspective, we don't have enough data to know with a high degree of certainty that eating more than 1 egg per day has the same low level of risk. At least we didn't as of 2013, and I'm not aware of more recent extensive meta-studies that suggest otherwise.

This dietician says eggs are OK, and cites the article I linked. Her conclusion: one egg per day is OK for most people, not 3 eggs per day.

https://www.livescience.com/39353-eggs-dont-deserve-bad-reputation.html

I've seen other articles that say two is OK, others saying three is OK. Some even say eat all you want. Although everything you've read may say three a day is OK, there are plenty of other articles that give a different number. Government recommendations tend to be on the conservative side, which is the point of what I said in my post. That means government recommendations are usually based on a very low level of uncertainty regarding risk based on current research.

By choosing to eat 3 days an egg, you're therefore accepting a slightly higher level of uncertainty with regard to level of risk. That's a personal choice. I eat one egg a day most days, and have a three-egg breakfast with friends every other week. That's my choice, and I'm not recommending it to anyone else. Am I increasing the probability of a heart attack or stroke by doing so? Probably -- but my guess is that the added risk is so low that it pales in comparison to the risk of being obese, or being a smoker or heavy drinker.
    Agreed. I'm not sure that I agree with the idea that eating 4+ eggs a day is still considered "in moderation".
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I have read it should be fine. I personally eat 4 eggs (yoke included) almost every morning, I have never been at an unhealthy weight and my cholesterol completely normal and healthy... so my anecdotal evidence also says it’s okay lol.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Two every morning for years and I’ve never had cholesterol concerns—yummy, inexpensive, and good for you. I buy them in a container of 30!
  • tammyd_white
    tammyd_white Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Eat eggs if you want eggs....They aren't bad. They were demonized for their cholesterol, but it turns out dietary cholesterol has little, if any, influence on your total cholesterol. Most if it comes from your liver.....Just eat the WHOLE egg - egg whites are a bit inflammatory and can block choline absorption - with the yolk, you will surpass what the egg white blocks and have a net positive.
  • Cascadae
    Cascadae Posts: 34 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    <3 God bless eggs and everybody <3<3
    d9xcq886or7b.jpg