Pocket scale for trips. Yes, I’m extra.

Options
I want to buy a 600g max scale for my purse for logging while out and for vacation this week. But I’m always concerned if I’m pulled over that they won’t believe it’s for blueberries and sharp cheddar. Lol. Am I alone here? Lol

Replies

• getsgarth
    getsgarth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My wife bought one from Amazon. I don't remember which, but they have a collection of them. Hers in not much larger than a cell phone and she can weigh out stuff at at a restaurant.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I don’t think I would do it at a restaurant. I just take what the menu says and move on with my life. This weekend I am packing chicken, fish, fruit and salad for a trip and I just didn’t want to take up the fridge with a ton of pre-prepped containers because we are staying with my dead’s friend who is sick with cancer. Just wanted to be least intrusive as possible.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I have a gram scale as well. Had a cop pull me over and saw it on my seat. Never said a word.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    DanniB423 wrote: »
    But I’m always concerned if I’m pulled over that they won’t believe it’s for blueberries and sharp cheddar. Lol. Am I alone here? Lol

You'll be fine Jesse Pinkman.

Besides, even if you get pulled over what can they charge you with? Possession of a deadly weighing scale?

Hope you have a great holiday.

Jesse Pinkman? Don’t flatter me. :wink:
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I want to buy a 600g max scale for my purse for logging while out and for vacation this week. But I’m always concerned if I’m pulled over that they won’t believe it’s for blueberries and sharp cheddar. Lol. Am I alone here? Lol

I took my food scale- regular, not purse sized- in the car a few times when we were going to be getting a larger order of something to split 3 ways. We were eating in the car not in a restaurant. It was higher calorie stuff that was harder to eyeball and I was just starting out with logging food.
    I do not take a food scale with me now at all. If I ate most of my meals out at places without calorie information then I suppose I might consider a small travel food scale.
    I have never really worried about the contents of my purse looking weird or suspicious.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I don’t think I would do it at a restaurant. I just take what the menu says and move on with my life. This weekend I am packing chicken, fish, fruit and salad for a trip and I just didn’t want to take up the fridge with a ton of pre-prepped containers because we are staying with my dead’s friend who is sick with cancer. Just wanted to be least intrusive as possible.

Since it sounds like you're not flying, why not bring your full sized scale?
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Wait....extra what?...I'm confused. Or is this new lingo and I'm just getting old?
  • dolcezza25
    dolcezza25 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    Wait....extra what?...I'm confused. Or is this new lingo and I'm just getting old?

old man ;-)
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=extra

You're welcome. ;)
  • meagan8376
    meagan8376 Posts: 94 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Lawls this actually made me chuckle out loud.

It’ll be ok you’re just paranoid.
  • ChristyB1117
    ChristyB1117 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ha! I didn't worry about the pulled over thing until I showed my pocket scale off at work (I am also extra ;) ).

I bought this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M2CT9QK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't use it at restaurants, but I do use it for other things when traveling, or for snacking on the go.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

another option-> some stuff will prep/portion decently into baggies (which shouldn't take up much extra volume).
  • stacimarie1015
    stacimarie1015 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I got one but found it was not accurate. Then decided it was ok to estimate sometimes. But if I traveled often, I think I would just pack a kitchen scale.