Looking for friends and support! Anyone in Portland OR?

Options
Hi my name is Rachel and I'm not technically new, but I am starting my weight-loss journey again. I would really like to build some friends and support. We don't have to be at the same place or have the same goals, but having someone there for you to support your journey always makes it easier. I am going to count my calories, drink more water, and restrict the periods of time that I eat. I'm starting off at about 300 lbs and I'm looking to literally cut that in half. I'm starting off my exercise with swimming and zumba. I welcome all connections :smile:

Replies

• tiggernm1161
    tiggernm1161 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in Seattle. Looking to lose 77 lbs. Lots of walking in my plan for now.
  • artsyrach
    artsyrach Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in Seattle. Looking to lose 77 lbs. Lots of walking in my plan for now.

Awesome! PNW unite! I'm trying to walk my dogs more and I hear walking is great for weight loss and for overall mood!
  • katie120406
    katie120406 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey i live no where near you, im in england but would love to motivate and be motivated from afar!! i too am not a newbie but need to get back on track.I love going to Zumba and that is the one thing i have kept up over the last few years just need to do a little more and start counting the calories again!!! I previously had lost about 56lbs but unfortunately have put on about half of that and certainly dont want to keep on this slippery slope!! Anyway be good to hear from you 😃
  • Not_Famous
    Not_Famous Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also in Portland. Can't wait for all this smoke to be gone! I haven't had any sodas for about 5 months now. Feel free to add me!