What suddenly made you gain interest in someone?

Options
mustacheU2Lift
mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
Have you ever gained attraction for someone over time? Did something change that peaked your interest? Did you get to know them and then found you were drawn to them? Maybe you changed and now you are attracted to different attributes.

I think all of these have happened to me at some point...

Replies

• mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    They bargained hot fries for my candy.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    They made me laugh...which i know lots will say this..but i mean tears rolling down my cheeks laughing.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    My husband was in the military at the time, so mostly I saw him in uniforms, and we were really just work friends. One Saturday we worked overtime and he was wearing jeans and I couldn't help but notice how nice his butt looked in jeans and I began to reconsider the friend stuff. (This was in early 1978)
  • SandSeaSkySoul
    SandSeaSkySoul Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I was upon Ok Cupid & when someone'd visit my profile, I'd visit theirs! Well a man answered over 1,000 questions & each 1 included an optional explanation area, that he also answered for every question! His explanations were hilarious, so the effort & hilarity, were what attracted me to him the most! He was somewhat shy, so I figured that that was why he ghosted me & thus it didn't bother me very much but I was done with him, when he did it again!
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    His persistency paid off after awhile
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    When a single conversation was equal parts dinosaurs, 3D printers, and butt plugs, my pulse started racing
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    When a single conversation was equal parts dinosaurs, 3D printers, and butt plugs, my pulse started racing

"Dinosaurs...pretty cool. Used to have toy dinosaurs."
    "You know, 3D printers are so good they can print them now."
    "Wow, really?" She said, eyes half lidded, sliding her hand across the table. "What else can they print...?"
    "....Funny you should ask."
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    They were persistent
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    amwbox wrote: »
    TIME makes them more interesting.

Looking back, there were women I should have paid attention to. Should have taken a chance on. They were probably the good ones...but I walked right past to go for the bad ones. Thinking about it now that I'm older I kick myself when I look back, because the best people were the ones I passed up. That shy, awkward girl I worked with a decade ago who always smiled and tried to make small talk...should have asked her out instead of chasing after her hot friend. Young and dumb. So very dumb.

I have found as ive gotten older (and hotter)...that what i used to be attracted to has changed...but it's hard for me to explain. Really im attracted to everyone on some level. Not sure that soubds right :D
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

"Wow, really?" She said, eyes half lidded, sliding her hand across the table. "What else can they print...?"

What! What else can they print! I’m sliding off the edge of my seat here 😏

• Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    I still don't know
  • amwbox
    Options
    No, I get that. Most people are at least basically attractive to me...they have to veto themselves. I think as time passes the balance shifts from being willing to trade character flaws for physical hotness to the reverse. Now I just want someone who is interesting and trustworthy, regardless of their bikini modeling chops.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I have to get to know certain people and something has to click before I become attracted to them, otherwise I am not physically into them. In real life becoming their friend is the most intense way but it also happens from afar if I learn a lot about a person, admire their work, talent, genius and contribution to the world. Oh and to add this process is sooooo slow.. months.. years.
  • amwbox
    Options

What! What else can they print! I’m sliding off the edge of my seat here 😏

I'd think you'd have some extra traction between yourself and the seat, considering.... o:)
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    If I am not physically attracted, it doesnt grow over time. I can be turned off by someone's behavior or like them more if their personality is great but if there is no physical attraction at all, it doesn't develop for me. I know what I like.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    Clicking in a weird vibey humor way. I had one guy with just as bizarre sense of humor as me...i was his booty dooty and he was my llama.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    If I am not physically attracted, it doesnt grow over time. I can be turned off by someone's behavior or like them more if their personality is great but if there is no physical attraction at all, it doesn't develop for me. I know what I like.

Basically the same for me. I've never become attracted to someone over time if there wasn't at least a teeny bit of attraction at the outset.

Some people's personalities can make them ugly in a heartbeat though.