The feeling of guilt?

I used to feel super guilty when I ate junk food at the beginning of this journey even if it was within my calorie goal - 70 days in and I have made peace with the fact that I dont have to zero out on my fave snacks - just portion it :) I still eat macdonalds every now and then as long as I dont over do it! you dont have to feel horrible about yourself if you ate something you wanted to, as long as you remember to portion it.

Also, if you go over your deficit just one day, i can now confidently say with experience, its nothing to worry about, know that you are human and you will indulge ! Just remember your goals and get back on track!

Cheers !

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    This was one of my greatest realizations along the way. It freed up a lot of mental space.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    edited August 2018
    Yeah, over it. Had pizza over the weekend and fish and chips too 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Yep! Portion control and moderation for the win! Learning those tools was the key to my success
  • peggym4640
    peggym4640 Posts: 156 Member
    YES!!! That was a big mental victory for me as well. Congratulations.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Since I had McDonald's for breakfast this morning, and just had two Rocky Road Oreos for my snack tonight, I can't disagree with you! :)
  • GeauxL
    GeauxL Posts: 57 Member
    I still struggle with that but I’m getting over it by taking off the “good food bad food” labels & realizing that food is food & it’s all about calorie goals & portion size. I’m incorporating more what I used to consider “bad food” into my calorie goals weekly; if I’m hungry for something like that. It’s helping to alleviate the guilt & binging.
  • komalkp93
    komalkp93 Posts: 6 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    This was one of my greatest realizations along the way. It freed up a lot of mental space.
    shaf238 wrote: »
    Yeah, over it. Had pizza over the weekend and fish and chips too 🤷🏻‍♂️
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    Yep! Portion control and moderation for the win! Learning those tools was the key to my success
    peggym4640 wrote: »
    YES!!! That was a big mental victory for me as well. Congratulations.
    Since I had McDonald's for breakfast this morning, and just had two Rocky Road Oreos for my snack tonight, I can't disagree with you! :)
    GeauxL wrote: »
    I still struggle with that but I’m getting over it by taking off the “good food bad food” labels & realizing that food is food & it’s all about calorie goals & portion size. I’m incorporating more what I used to consider “bad food” into my calorie goals weekly; if I’m hungry for something like that. It’s helping to alleviate the guilt & binging.
    As I was mentioning in another thread, the best weight loss advice I've ever heard was "if you aren't willing to give it up forever, don't give it up for a weight loss diet." We have to learn to keep ourselves healthy doing what we'd normally do. I used to think I could diet, reach my goal, and go back to normal eating. Now I know that normal eating has to get me to my goal. There is no other sustainable way.

Exactly! I also feel like being able to eat what i feel like zeros out possibilities of binge eating later! I frel satisfied and i get back to my usual dieting routine.

Previously i used to overthink it and would start stepping on the scale the very next day like a crazy person but at the end of the week, the results were fruitful.