Having trouble eating enough!

Options
2»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You can eat more egg whites , fruits,salad,soup. All are fine.

All of those things are pointlessly low in calories
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

Glad I'm not the only one that caught that... low-calorie ways to boost your calorie count? ;)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »

Glad I'm not the only one that caught that... low-calorie ways to boost your calorie count? ;)

That poster also suggests that 900 cals is adequate so what do you expect...
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    QebsHann wrote: »
    When you signed up, you also picked a weekly weightloss goal. Did you pick 2 pounds? Do you have enough fat stores for that - are you obese?

Needing to lose weight and having trouble reaching 1200 calories, makes no rational sense. How are you measuring your intake? Are you eating boring, filling, low calorie foods? Are you so excited about losing weight that you ignore hunger pangs?

If you're really eating too little, eat more, of anything you like. Why are you not eating flour? You must be eating sugar (there is sugar in fruit, vegs and dairy).

I picked 2 pounds, and I weight 199 being 5'6, so I'm obese.
    I weigh my food, and I'm actually eating really tasty meals, but they are really low in calories. I'm not really getting hunger pangs.
    I'm not eating flour because I discovered it's bad for my IVS, and I meant added sugar, of course I'm eating fruits and vegs and dairy.

even at 199, you have less than 60lbs to loose (assuming 139 is a goal for you) - so 1-1.5lbs is a better weight loss goal - remember he (or she) who eats the most and loses weight is the most successful.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    QebsHann wrote: »
    Thank you to everyone who posted! I followed your tricks (specially adding nuts, peanut butter and avocado) and now I'm hitting at least 1400 every day. Still losing weight but in a healthy way, without risking binging or forcing myself to eat when I'm not hungry. You are awesome!

That's great news! Thanks for the update.
  • fruitily
    fruitily Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I mean, I know how to eat. If I didn't I wouldn't be pushing into obese BMI. But there's something about registering everything, and thinking about what I eat that makes it hard to reach my calorie goal.

What kind of food do you eat? I usually add half a tea spoon of oil to my dinner to up the calories and have a portion of ice cream for desert, and reward for not eating chocolate and chips throughout the day.
  • kathitoo
    kathitoo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I so get you!! I was on 1200 cal from FP as well, today they upped it to 1500!!! I was shocked! Last night I was under by 300 cal. Had PB on some celery. I find it overwhelming to try and balance calories, and get the nutrients in but not going over the amount. I too do not eat flour or sugar products, at least for now! I agree, add olive oil to your salad, and some avocado will up that salad couple 100. Good luck, you got this!
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    It does sound contradictory to come here because we're overweight from overeating and then complain that it's hard to get the recommended calories in. However, I had the same problem. I decided that the first thing I needed to do was quit eating between meals. I discovered that the meals I was accustomed to eating were actually pretty small. I was getting most of my calories from snacking between meals. At first I was afraid to eat more calories during meals because I didn't want to run out of calories before I ran out of day plus I wasn't used to eating what looked like a big plate of food. Fingers crossed and knock on wood; I seem to have found a balance.
  • Junebug2022
    Junebug2022 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Olive oil, mayonnaise, sour cream and cheese will up every meals calories.