These Myfitnesspal bloggers

Options
Seffell
Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
edited August 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Here's one reason why people come here on this forum to spread nonsense: Myfitnesspal blogs on your home page.

These blog articles published online under the Myfitnesspal blog logo are almost always complete woo.

Today's one is about how sugar has "negative health effects" and is "detrimental to your health". A commenter under the blog whole heartedly supported the author and refered to sugar as "heroin".

So there you go. If you wonder where these people get this rubbish information from - Myfitnesspal homepage.

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I always check a blogger's credentials before reading. Eliminates most, but still not all the BS
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    I always check a blogger's credentials before reading. Eliminates most, but still not all the BS

That is quite smart.
    Let's hope these people who just arrive and haven't formed an oppinion yet also do that.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm getting the "cut sugar" one and "Can you run a 9 minute mile?" offering life insurance for not a very good deal, actually.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, ok. I don't even GO to the main page....guess that's why I don't see them. :D