Favorite go-to quick easy meal

Options
Ktmom19
Ktmom19 Posts: 65 Member
I am always looking for meal ideas. What are your favorite go-to meals that are quick, easy to throw together, and healthy?

My current fave is Greek Chicken Wraps. With a tortilla (low cal, high fiber), grilled chicken, lettuce, cucumbers, feta cheese, and red pepper hummus.

Replies

• funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Fajitas - Veggies, protein, seasoning

Egg sandwich

Spicy asian shrimp with veggies and precooked soba or udon noodles

Greek yogurt, granola and a pile of fruit
  • Ktmom19
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »

Egg sandwich

Mmm...I have not made fajitas in a while!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    A bag of frozen vegetables in the microwave and a chicken breast grilled on the Foreman grill.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    My version of beer can chicken-
    can of beer
    rotisserie chicken, 1/3 bag of frozen California Blend veggies
    microwave veggies and then toss in a pan with paprika, garlic salt and onion powder

Eat the veggies and chicken, drink the beer. Yum.

Or eggs. Omelette, scramble, sunny side up.
  • kashcopyright
    kashcopyright Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs on toast with Mexican shredded cheese and sriracha
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    A bag of frozen vegetables in the microwave and a chicken breast grilled on the Foreman grill.

this is basically mine - but i also add in some oven roasted potatos/sweet potatos - and mix a bit of cream cheese into the veggies
  • no1racefan1
    no1racefan1 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Chicken and pear salad. Whisk together some balsamic vinegar, honey, and olive oil to make a dressing. Toss fresh spinach in dressing, grill the chicken and slice it up, top spinach with chicken, sliced pear, dried cherries or cranberries, and walnuts. I used to add crumbled goat cheese before I became sensitive to dairy products.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options

Egg sandwich

How do you make fajitas quick? I either grill the chicken or cook it in the cast iron pan, which takes a little while, plus I make guacamole and pico lol, tell me your secret?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast in the crock pot with a jar of green salsa in the morning. Chicken tacos for dinner in the evening. Mmmmmm!
  • gubbio2014
    gubbio2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ktmom19 wrote: »
    With a tortilla (low cal, high fiber).

I was just looking for lower calorie tortillas at the store last night but wasn't satisfied. What do you use?

• firlena227
    firlena227 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Anything on toast! Baked beans on toast, egg on toast, mushrooms on toast... or all of the above together in a toast bonanza :)
  • Mommin75Hard
    Mommin75Hard Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Flat bread pizza. I use the flat out wraps and whatever I have on hand. Sometimes is a bbq chicken pizza with leftover rotisserie chicken, sometimes it’s just cheese and jalapeños. I like that I control the calories and taste and can make it work within my calorie goals. It’s also quick to make and easy to throw together.

Also, my grocery store sells pre cut up rotisserie chicken, even white meat only. I keep this on hand for general snacking, quick tacos/lettuce wraps. It’s great to throw on salads or in omelets. Sometimes I eat it cold with hot sauce for a snack or breakfast.

Butternut squash tacos. I buy it pre cubed and sauté it with frozen onions. I serve it on tortillas and lettuce wraps.
  • Ktmom19
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »

Egg sandwich

How do you make fajitas quick? I either grill the chicken or cook it in the cast iron pan, which takes a little while, plus I make guacamole and pico lol, tell me your secret?

Have you tried sheet pan fajitas? Look it up online. You basically throw all the ingredients on a sheet pan and bake. They turn out just as good as grilled in my opinion.
  • Ktmom19
    Options
    gubbio2014 wrote: »
    Ktmom19 wrote: »
    With a tortilla (low cal, high fiber).

I was just looking for lower calorie tortillas at the store last night but wasn't satisfied. What do you use?