Wanting to get rid of my fat

Options

Replies

• michaelandashley4infinity
    Options
    Found out off my dietician I need to eat 1200 calories so I've been given some meal ideas for 1200 calories daily. Today was my first full day after seeing my dietician yesterday and I did pretty good I only went over 62 calories. My daily calorie intake was 1262 I will try better tomorrow. But I did go for a 20 minute push bike ride then two 10 minute walks and another push bike ride for 45 minutes and pushed the bike home 15 minutes so today I reckon I've done really good.

why eat so little? that's not likely to be sustainable? you say upthread that MFP gives you 1800 cals, why not eat that amount?

Im not sure what to do each person says do different things, I'm actually not sure because the dietician said eat 1200 calories a day and eat more vegies and drink more water and mfp says eat 1850 calories and my get healthy coach says I'm doing excellent for my fitness and I don't need to count calories but stop eating when I'm satisfied and eat half a plate of vegies 1/4 plate of protein and a 1/4 plate of carbohydrates and drink water if I think I'm hungry and if I'm still hungry in half an hour to have something to eat but don't eat if I'm not hungry and do 30 minutes of exercise a day to get my heart rate going and the weight loss management said I'm doing really good with the exercise I'm doing and I should only be aiming to lose 1/2 a kilogram a week so its gonna be more beneficial and stay off longer and its a healthy way to only lose around half a kg a week. So I don't know what to do

eat food you like in portions that fit your calorie goal (that MFP gives you).

plenty of fruit and veg is great, but adequate fat is also important. what you're currently eating sounds low in fat?

You can't lose weight eating all fat. Low in fat because I actually want to lose weight. I'm trying to be healthy and I'm actually doing really good. I've been to a health profession to get help and be healthier and I'm exercising to have better health and I'm having calls from get healthy to get healthy and I'm going to weight loss management to lose weight and I'm actually doing everything I can to be healthy and get rid of my fat. I dunno why people on here put me down when I'm actually being told off the professions I'm doing really good. And in four months I've lost 10.9 kg so what I'm doing is working

Fat doesn't make you fat. Too many calories from any source makes you fat.

Fat is necessary for good health and to keep your body functioning properly. Eating too little can lead to health problems. Eat 0.35-0.45g of fat per lb of body weight.

Are you qualified in weight loss and good health?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Is she a dietician (with university qualifications) or a nutritionist? There is a massive difference.

Your 1850 calorie goal already has a deficit calculated in to it. There is no need to cut that down to the bare minimum.

Actually I'm not sure she might be a nutritionalist. I'll have to find out. What's the difference?

A dietician has qualifications and has studied at university (requiring a masters degree where I live)

A nutritionist may have done study, but the title isn't really regulated so they may have dubious qualifications if any.
    Is she a dietician (with university qualifications) or a nutritionist? There is a massive difference.

Your 1850 calorie goal already has a deficit calculated in to it. There is no need to cut that down to the bare minimum.

Actually I'm not sure she might be a nutritionalist. I'll have to find out. What's the difference?

A dietician has qualifications and has studied at university (requiring a masters degree where I live)

A nutritionist may have done study, but the title isn't really regulated so they may have dubious qualifications if any.

So I need to see a dietician? I will definitely see about that I get five visits so I only use one so far. Thanks for telling me. Much appreciated

Not necessarily. You could try just sticking to the calorie goal mfp gives you, losing weight isn't rocket science.

I will do what is working for me thanks. I have lost 10.9 kg in four months.

why start all these threads asking questions if you don't actually want answers?

i can guarantee you won't the an 'amazing body' doing what you're being told by your dietitian!
  • Priyanka2883
    Priyanka2883 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have lost around 11 KGS recently in just 3 months. I ate around 1200 calories a day and burned out 300 everyday . Just try it for a month n see the change .
    Ps- I did not indulge in any cheat meal for a month and was regular on workout.
    Also check if you are doing right exercises or not.
    Options
    I'm sorry for the people I have offended. I have borderline personality disorder I know its no excuse but sometimes I take things the wrong way
    Options
    Found out off my dietician I need to eat 1200 calories so I've been given some meal ideas for 1200 calories daily. Today was my first full day after seeing my dietician yesterday and I did pretty good I only went over 62 calories. My daily calorie intake was 1262 I will try better tomorrow. But I did go for a 20 minute push bike ride then two 10 minute walks and another push bike ride for 45 minutes and pushed the bike home 15 minutes so today I reckon I've done really good.

why eat so little? that's not likely to be sustainable? you say upthread that MFP gives you 1800 cals, why not eat that amount?

Im not sure what to do each person says do different things, I'm actually not sure because the dietician said eat 1200 calories a day and eat more vegies and drink more water and mfp says eat 1850 calories and my get healthy coach says I'm doing excellent for my fitness and I don't need to count calories but stop eating when I'm satisfied and eat half a plate of vegies 1/4 plate of protein and a 1/4 plate of carbohydrates and drink water if I think I'm hungry and if I'm still hungry in half an hour to have something to eat but don't eat if I'm not hungry and do 30 minutes of exercise a day to get my heart rate going and the weight loss management said I'm doing really good with the exercise I'm doing and I should only be aiming to lose 1/2 a kilogram a week so its gonna be more beneficial and stay off longer and its a healthy way to only lose around half a kg a week. So I don't know what to do

plenty of fruit and veg is great, but adequate fat is also important. what you're currently eating sounds low in fat?

You can't lose weight eating all fat. Low in fat because I actually want to lose weight. I'm trying to be healthy and I'm actually doing really good. I've been to a health profession to get help and be healthier and I'm exercising to have better health and I'm having calls from get healthy to get healthy and I'm going to weight loss management to lose weight and I'm actually doing everything I can to be healthy and get rid of my fat. I dunno why people on here put me down when I'm actually being told off the professions I'm doing really good. And in four months I've lost 10.9 kg so what I'm doing is working

Congrats on your 10.9kg 😀 Some people don't realize mfp is just a tool that can help you stay on track and it's recommendations are based on an average. Professionals who you see in real life know you as an individual and are able to calculate for individual variances. The recommendations on this app can and do help alot of people but it is not a one size fits all. Do what is working for you and listen to your body first and foremost. I hope you meet you goal, good luck and happy travels😉

Thankyou. I know mfp is really good. I just am in a hurry to lose weight but its not the healthy way as someone else pointed out. I took the comment the wrong way. I appreciate you congratulating me
    Options
    I have lost around 11 KGS recently in just 3 months. I ate around 1200 calories a day and burned out 300 everyday . Just try it for a month n see the change .
    Ps- I did not indulge in any cheat meal for a month and was regular on workout.
    Also check if you are doing right exercises or not.

Thanks. And congratulations on your 11kg loss well done
    Options

So I need to see a dietician? I will definitely see about that I get five visits so I only use one so far. Thanks for telling me. Much appreciated

Not necessarily. You could try just sticking to the calorie goal mfp gives you, losing weight isn't rocket science.

why start all these threads asking questions if you don't actually want answers?

i can guarantee you won't the an 'amazing body' doing what you're being told by your dietitian!

Maybe I should not have started up the threads. So what do you recommend I do to get an amazing body?
    Options

Fat doesn't make you fat. Too many calories from any source makes you fat.

Fat is necessary for good health and to keep your body functioning properly. Eating too little can lead to health problems. Eat 0.35-0.45g of fat per lb of body weight.

Are you qualified in weight loss and good health?

I lost over 25kgs about 9 years ago, then started to compete in bodybuilding, have been interested in health and nutrition for many years, and I'm studying nutrition at university.

Sorry for rude comment. And congratulations on your 25kgs loss
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Maybe I should not have started up the threads. So what do you recommend I do to get an amazing body?

Read the stickies, listen to the people on here giving you solid advice, and accept that you'll be working for it for the rest of your life.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Calories for weight.

Exercise for health.

Just eat at a deficit, what MFP gives you is recommended so try not to deviate from that too much.

I find that adding exercise, I lose weight a little slower: because after a great workout I want to eat everything!!!!!
    Options

Read the stickies, listen to the people on here giving you solid advice, and accept that you'll be working for it for the rest of your life.

Thank you very much. I appreciate your help.
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »
    Calories for weight.

Exercise for health.

Just eat at a deficit, what MFP gives you is recommended so try not to deviate from that too much.

I find that adding exercise, I lose weight a little slower: because after a great workout I want to eat everything!!!!!

Thanks. I find I sometimes eat more after exercise too. I've decided to worry about my successes rather than focus on my failures with trying to lose weight since after talking to my psychologist. 1 success is still 1 success and 7 successes and 2 failures are still 7 successes and 2 failures. So that makes me feel better. I shouldn't be punishing myself when I fail except keep trying and don't give up.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »
    Calories for weight.

Exercise for health.

Thanks. I find I sometimes eat more after exercise too. I've decided to worry about my successes rather than focus on my failures with trying to lose weight since after talking to my psychologist. 1 success is still 1 success and 7 successes and 2 failures are still 7 successes and 2 failures. So that makes me feel better. I shouldn't be punishing myself when I fail except keep trying and don't give up.

The only failure in weight loss is completely giving up. I understand the desire to get back to the body you want as fast as possible, but the reality is that the steeper the deficit, the less likely you will get that. Eating too low (which 1200 calories with that activity level most certainly is) will burn through a larger portion of your muscle.

You have done really well to this point. You need to look at the bigger picture. I suspect you will like your results more if you take a little longer getting there, add in some strength training as suggested (that thread previously linked includes body weight programs, so no need for special equipment and because they are established programs there is no guessing at what you are doing).

This process can be frustrating and slow. Patience, consistency, and persistence are all very important.
  • swagosweetheart
    swagosweetheart Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting off the meth! Check your profile. 1850 sounds high for a weight-loss mode. I am on a 2lb/week loss program and my daily calorie allowance is 1200. If I exercise, I'm given more calories, which I don't use. I'm wondering if maybe you didn't click on a weight loss # when you signed up. Check your profile. Again, it's so wonderful that you have already made such a big step in your healthy lifestyle.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting off the meth! Check your profile. 1850 sounds high for a weight-loss mode. I am on a 2lb/week loss program and my daily calorie allowance is 1200. If I exercise, I'm given more calories, which I don't use. I'm wondering if maybe you didn't click on a weight loss # when you signed up. Check your profile. Again, it's so wonderful that you have already made such a big step in your healthy lifestyle.

1850 is fine for her stats, especially if she chose .5 kg a week. And your goal should be 1200 PLUS exercise calories.
  • swagosweetheart
    swagosweetheart Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks Malibu927
  • rsj7799
    rsj7799 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If you like doing a lot of cardio, keep doing it! It has massive health benefits and the extra calories burned will let you eat them back and still lose weight. I personally find if I don't get 90+ minutes of walking or bike riding, etc. in a day I tend to get grumpy and irritable. Other people are different.

You'll find on this forum that some people are super into weight lifting and others find more happiness in cardio. Ideally some of both is great because they each have different very complementary benefits, just keep in in mind when you get differing advice from different people on exercise its because they usually lean one way or the other. (I personally do both, but I find the cardio stuff fun and resistance training a matter of self discipline).

When you talk to your nutritionist you need to flat out tell them that you would prefer a program that loses weight more gradually and lets you eat more while you are losing. As others in the thread have rightly pointed out, 1200 calories are the bare minimum for a woman who gets zero exercise, and your current level of exercise would put you under the safe limit. Most people want faster results so they are going to gear a nutrition program assuming that unless you tell them otherwise. You need to tell them exactly how much physical activity you do, and how much you need to eat to make the eating plan sustainable. If they can't work within those parameters you need to find someone else.

Best of luck to you, and congrats on the weight you have already lost!