Affordable Meals?

2»

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Budgetbytes has some good recipes
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    An old favorite from my student days -- spaghetti with tomato sauce. Here in the States, you can get a box of spaghetti for $! and a can of Hunt's spaghetti sauce for another $1 -- two meals for $1 each. If you want, add a chicken thigh for another buck, but that'll increase the cost by 50¢.

Scrambled eggs, omelets, canned soup and grilled cheese. When I was single, I used to make a big pot of chicken and rice for 4 meals costing about 50¢ to $1 each. (Boil chicken then set aside to cool, add a small amount of bouillon to the water to taste, cook rice, shred the cooled chicken into the rice, add canned veggies *optional, and you've either got meals until you're sick of chicken and rice or you can freeze individual meals and eat throughout the month).
  • itsthelegacy1818
    itsthelegacy1818 Posts: 5 Member
    Believe it or not I have managed to eat on about 100-150$ a month as I dont tr that hungry in a day. Nuts are due to deathly allergies so definitely have stayed away from those. You all have given me many ideas so I appreciate it
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Believe it or not I have managed to eat on about 100-150$ a month as I dont tr that hungry in a day. Nuts are due to deathly allergies so definitely have stayed away from those. You all have given me many ideas so I appreciate it

if you just eat less of whatever you were eating before you will lose weight and save $$$
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Cabbage! Shop for staples at Aldi to stretch your dollar... I like to cut up cucumbers and onion, sprinkle with some vinegar/salt/pepper for cheap low cal veggie side.

Omelets for dinner with whatever leftovers diced up in them, lots of variety that way and eggs are super cheap.