Low carb, can’t believe how good I feel

Options

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Being a T2 diabetic, low carb is the way to go for me out of necessity. I know its good for me and after the cravings subside, I know I will feel amazing again. I think it can be hard, as a human being, to adopt a mindset that says you don't NEED the carbs when they taste SO good and are often an easy meal. But like any habit, you CAN kick it....I've done it before and I will do it again. But, unlike many, its not just a matter of feeling better....my life ultimately depends on it.
  • islandpiper
    islandpiper Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was raised in the far North, and potatoes, noodles, bread etc were on the table at every meal. Through the years I learned to love, and live on, rice. I got to be a pretty fair baker and made some great bread. Now.....trying to lose some weight I've cut my carbs back to some point lower than the macros here on MFP suggest. I'd arm wrestle a bear for a big baked potato, dripping butter and grated cheese right now. But, I'm losing weight, down ten pounds in a month, and I've moved my belt in one notch. So, it's working. But, my advice is, if you walk past me with a baked potato, don't take your eyes off it, or me. :smile:
  • JoanneJosephsen
    JoanneJosephsen Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm keto of 4 years, and I love it! it's my lifestyle and I'd never look back.
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    if the discussion is about low carb.....i've also found that limiting the white flour carb products from my diet helps a lot with the way i feel. its about finding the balance that works for you. and i hate to say it, but i'm really finding that the weight control thing is about CICO....but you have to be able to eat some things you just want to.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Great discussion and VERY interesting info!
  • dangerousdashie
    dangerousdashie Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    JustaJoe00 wrote: »
    if the discussion is about low carb.....i've also found that limiting the white flour carb products from my diet helps a lot with the way i feel. its about finding the balance that works for you. and i hate to say it, but i'm really finding that the weight control thing is about CICO....but you have to be able to eat some things you just want to.

I agree. I gained body fat on keto. But once I started calorie counting strictly with a food scale, I finally lost fat. But I still do keto. I’ve been keto 4+ years. I do it for reasons other than weight loss though. But I don’t do well if I “cheat” on keto, it just makes me crave more carbs and junk food. So I haven’t cheated on keto since 2016 and that has worked much better for me. Lots of keto “junk food” options anyways.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    It is such a hard thing to cut down on, but I feel amazing as well when I decrease the amount I consume. Carbs and soda are my weakness, and I feel like a totally different person when I intake less of them. Keep it up! :)
This discussion has been closed.