Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What We're Eating Wednesday

avskk
avskk Posts: 1,787 Member
It was a HECTIC morning here, pals. I'm hoping to get back on track during the rest of the day. I'm also trying to eat all of the stuff I've hoarded in the freezer and pantry, in preparation for an outrageous Trader Joe's trip next week -- the closest one is four hours away, so I never get to go. I'm planning to clean the place out!

Breakfast: Two-thirds of a cheddar-bacon brat (leftover from weekend meals), small banana muffin eaten in the car, a couple sips of iced moka (left the rest to slowly melt on the counter).

Lunch: will be lobster ravioli in tomato-and-greens sauce, baby carrots, and snow peas.

Dinner: will be steak-and-potato soup, raw broccoli and cauliflower, and garden tomatoes.

Snacks: green apples, Red Vines, popcorn, sunflower seeds. (Not all at once; that's just what I've got to choose from.)

Replies

• gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    avskk wrote: »
    It was a HECTIC morning here, pals. I'm hoping to get back on track during the rest of the day. I'm also trying to eat all of the stuff I've hoarded in the freezer and pantry, in preparation for an outrageous Trader Joe's trip next week -- the closest one is four hours away, so I never get to go. I'm planning to clean the place out!

Breakfast: Two-thirds of a cheddar-bacon brat (leftover from weekend meals), small banana muffin eaten in the car, a couple sips of iced moka (left the rest to slowly melt on the counter).

Lunch: will be lobster ravioli in tomato-and-greens sauce, baby carrots, and snow peas.

Dinner: will be steak-and-potato soup, raw broccoli and cauliflower, and garden tomatoes.

Snacks: green apples, Red Vines, popcorn, sunflower seeds. (Not all at once; that's just what I've got to choose from.)

Sounds delicious! I will be eating:

breakfast: triple zero vanilla greek yogurt and a black coffee

lunch: indian spiced turkey meatballs with roasted broccoli and onions

dinner: not sure! either eggplant parmesan or something lying around in the fridge

dessert: 100 cal pack of dark chocolate pretzel bark
  • HippieMom90
    HippieMom90 Posts: 1 Member
    avskk wrote: »

I'm pretty jealous of all those carbs!
    Breakfast here is a strawberry smoothie with vanilla protein powder, and a black coffee
    Snack: string cheese
    Lunch: scrambled eggs with light pork sausage and some grapes
    Snack: chobani triple zero strawberry yogurt
    Dinner: avocado taco bowl with a small amount of refried black beans
    Snack if needed before bed: cheese and a few good thins with what is left of the avocado from dinner
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Just ate some cantaloupe, prosciutto and cottage cheese for breakfast (not normally so fancy, shopped yesterday), heading out to do a treadmill run.
    Snack: Carrot/apple/lychees.
    Lunch: Ground turkey taco bowl mess of stuff, with rice beans, onions, tomatoes, some avo.
    Snack: LYCHEES did I mention I shopped yesterday, maybe a cracker or two and some PB
    Dinner: Wheat spaghetti with shrimp and broccolini, lemon and garlic
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Breakfast: Rye toast with vegan cinnamon-"honey" butter, homemade chocolate cashew milk

Lunch: Sunflower oat veggie burger with sunflower buffalo sauce and chopped jalapenos, orange, dark chocolate coconut squares

Dinner:
    Tandoori tofu with braised kale
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Breakfast: 2 turkey sausage links and a hard boiled egg
    Lunch: homemade buffalo chicken wrap and a string cheese
    Snack: an apple
    Dinner: homemade sloppy joe sandwich and veggie sticks
  • firlena227
    firlena227 Posts: 86 Member
    Breakfast: 2 toasted crumpets, spread.

Lunch: peanut & honey cornflakes, semi skimmed milk. Mango, strawberries & blackberries with a little greek yoghurt & honey.

Dinner: leftovers! Chilli con carne (bulked up with extra tinned tomatoes to stretch the leftovers!) & white rice. Mars bar ice cream.

Then a slice of homemade sourdough bread later in the evening cos I was hungryyyyy.

• Rockhound2
    Rockhound2 Posts: 2 Member
    Made a low sodium, low’ish carb because of the noodles.... ramen bowl from scratch. The broth took me about 30mins to prep and cook. Good stuff! #keepmovingforward
  • bluenoser38
    bluenoser38 Posts: 50 Member
    Fun question - I enjoyed reading everyone's replies. For me, it was two soft boiled eggs for breakfast, 1/2 cup cottage cheese for morning snack. 3oz ham with 1 cup yellow beans for lunch. 1/4 cup Chapman's no-sugar vanilla ice cream with 1/2 cup strawberries for afternoon snack. Grilled pork chop with steamed broccoli, cauliflower and more yellow beans (problem with gardens is you have to eat things when they're 'on'). Evening snack will be a 'Wheat Belly Cookbook' carrot muffin, made with almond meal and ground flax seed.
  • Breakfast: Oatmeal with protein powder
    Lunch: Peanut butter sandwich, fage yogurt, clementines
    Dinner: Veggie burger topped with mayo, dill pickles, tomatoes. And a kiwi.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Breakfast: 2 egg omelet with non-fat cheese
    Lunch: a 4 oz chicken breast and a salad (ate out)
    Dinner: grilled grouper and cauliflower rice
    Snack: cherries, a peach, blackberries
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Breakfast: Coffee with low-fat milk, sugar, and that weird powdered creamer stuff
    Lunch: 3-egg scramble with cheddar and cooked broccoli mixed in
    Dinner: Homemade sushi! My uncle made California rolls: Avocado, cucumber, crab, and smoked salmon
    Dessert: Leftover peanut butter iced brownie from my Aunt's birthday yesterday
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    Breakfast: cold brew coffee w/ half and half and sugar
    Snack: chocolate protein shake w/ skim milk
    Lunch: Turkey, salami, cheese sandwich on sourdough, cherry tomatoes, little cucumbers and cottage cheese
    Snack: watermelon, pineapple, blueberries with a dollop of coolwhip
    Dinner: Don't know, we're going out for my husband's birthday
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Breakfast: Coffee with low-fat milk and sugar
    Lunch: Spinach and feta pierogies sauteed in a little butter over sauteed mushroom and green pepper, topped with a little parmesan
    Dinner: My aunt is making scallops in white sauce over thin spaghetti. c:

Snacks: Currently visiting my aunt and uncle and I'm going out to explore the town today - there's a cute cafe I've had my eye on that I'll probably stop at and will probably get something!
  • Lattesweet
    Lattesweet Posts: 236 Member
    Breakfast/lunch - avocado with eggs & iced coffee with hazelnut sweetener & cream. Snack - 2 cups cheese puffs + 8oz coconut water, 2 string cheese. Dinner - chicken/vegetable wontons. Snack - 2 hazelnut chocolates, caramel premiere shake
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    Friday-
    Breakfast - cold brew coffee w/ half and half and sugar
    Snack - protein shake w/ skim milk
    Lunch - sandwich with turkey, salami, cheese on sourdough. Cherry tomatoes and cucumber w/ cottage cheese
    Snack - watermelon, pineapple, and blue berries
    Dinner - Grilled chicken with roasted veggies and baked potato
  • corysmithsmail
    corysmithsmail Posts: 166 Member
    Friday:
    Breakfast: Protein Pure Chocolate Deluxe Bar, 2 scrambled eggs, Coffee with hazelnut creamer
    Lunch: Slow Cooker Sante Fe Chicken with Cauliflower rice and 33oz water
    Snack: Fuji Apple and Quaker White Cheddar Rice Cake with Vanilla Bean Macaroon Tea
    Dinner: Big Salad with Perdue shortcuts turkey slices and sesame and ginger dressing and 33oz water

If I'm under my intake limit, I'll try to add something to get there. Not sure what yet. Maybe an Italian ice :smiley: