Carbs out of control

Options
I'm trying to get my carbs under control but keep failing. Any tips/advice?

Replies

• Anita777michelle
    Anita777michelle Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    What are you doing to try and "control them"? Perhaps you're being too restrictive - it can lead to binging on them...

If your goal is to lose weight, sticking to your calorie goal is what is important. If you're eating a lot of Carbs it's not necessarily a bad thing, but you could be limiting your intake of proteins and fats (both important for health, and satiating for a lot of people). Perhaps focus on increasing your consumption of those rather than thinking of it as reducing carbs

Thank you. Your advice was very helpful and I will definitely take this advice!
  • Anita777michelle
    Options
    I'm trying to get my carbs under control but keep failing. Any tips/advice?

Why are you concerned about your carbs? And what have you done in the past that has not succeeded?

I'm not on a low carb diet, but I have been craving a lot carbs. Binge eating has not helped me. I have tried to eat only good carbs to find myself craving carbs. I'm not good at dieting. It's a miracle I have lost weight. I lost 30 lbs over year ago. I just want to lose 6 more lbs so I'm lighter but have been not able to get out of this rut.
  • Anita777michelle
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    Do you have a medical condition that requires you to restrict carbs?

No. I'm not trying to do low carb. I'm just craving the junk lately. I plan to just start again tomorrow.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options

No. I'm not trying to do low carb. I'm just craving the junk lately. I plan to just start again tomorrow.

theres a big difference between carbs and junk. Which is it your trying to avoid
  • Junebug2022
    Junebug2022 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Eat more fats and eat more Protein.
    I love starches, breads, sugar in general, but the more days i go with out them the less i craved them. Now i only think about them in passing.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    It's not that I don't eat carbs - I just opt for them in fruits and vegetables and not desserts and bread and pasta. I don't get cravings, so I am probably not the best person to give advice on how to handle them at this point. (but I have in the past - pizza and cheeseburgers, and gooey cheesy pasta dishes).
  • Anita777michelle
    Options
    Eat more fats and eat more Protein.
    I love starches, breads, sugar in general, but the more days i go with out them the less i craved them. Now i only think about them in passing.

I know that's what I'm going to do. I bought way too much junk so next shopping trip will not do that.
  • Anita777michelle
    Options

"junk" is usually a glorious combination of carbs and fats... Don't demonise the carbs.

How did I demonise junk?
This discussion has been closed.