Motivation

Options
What's up!! I'm Shelby, I'd like to lose 30 pounds. My goal weight is 150! So far I really enjoy using My Fitness Pal it's easy and fun to use. Would like some friends on here to help motivate. I'm a week in my 1000 calorie diet and jog or walk the last 5 days. If you're looking for a fitness pal hit me up πŸ˜πŸ€—πŸ’ͺ

Replies

• Junebug2022
    Junebug2022 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You’re working out so hard/regularly..... us 1000 calories enough to keep your body from eating your muscles....???
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    1000 calories a day???? Is that gross or net?
  • shelbysearcy44
    shelbysearcy44 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You’re working out so hard/regularly..... us 1000 calories enough to keep your body from eating your muscles....???

I don't think you burn muscle if you eat enough protein but that's just my opinion. Having a 1000 calorie diet isn't so bad. I don't feel starving or weak. And if I go to bed by 10 I end my day feeling pretty full πŸ‘
  • shelbysearcy44
    shelbysearcy44 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1000 calories a day???? Is that gross or net?

I take in a 1000 calories a day total. It's not so bad.πŸ‘
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    MFP gave you a calorie target of at least 1200. I wonder why you stick around, when you chose to ignore it, actively; if you tried to close your diary, you will have gotten a warning. In the hope that someone can tell you you don't have to starve yourself, or to brag of how little you're eating? Losing weight is about how long you can stick to eating less, not how little you can eat for a short while. You won't feel the effect of undereating immediately, but when you do, you'll overeat. And then there's the question if you're even eating as little as you think you're eating. 1000 calories is almost nothing, and you can't feel "pretty full" on it.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^What she said ^^^^^

I suggest discussing this with your doctor if you plan to continue with 1000 cals total. We are not professionals and cannot help you.
  • Cardioguy81
    Cardioguy81 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to complete a diary in 4mths because of that warning, but I'm in the best shape since being over 30....
  • Cardioguy81
    Cardioguy81 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 hardboiled eggs, peach and an apple so far. I have 2 grilled chicken strips, orange and banana for lunch. That puts me around 600 calories. For dinner tonight I'll probably put an orange, banana and 1 cup of low fat yogurt in the blender before I go to soccer practice. It's tough to get to the 1,560 calories mfp suggest.
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    @shelbysearcy44 wish you all the best you can add me for support. Not sure if you already know but if you counted macros it will do your body a great deal Fat, protein, carbs
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    1000 calories is awfully low. You said you feel OK so I guess keep going :)