Thankful for fitness during health challenge

I’ve lost 63 pounds in last year, almost to 25 BMI. I had been walking several miles a day for many years and lifting weights for 3+ years but it took getting my nutrition in line to successfully lose the weight. The process was a little backwards :) but has resulted in being really strong and in shape as I meet my goal. I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and had a double mastectomy 3 days ago. I have no idea how I would’ve managed 18 months ago. The nurses told me many times they couldn’t believe how easily I got in and out of bed without using my arms, and how I was walking the halls 3 hours after surgery. (Of course having a wonderful husband, family and friends helps a lot too 💚). I imagine my years of being overweight contributed to developing cancer, but there’s no point in thinking about that now. I’m just thankful to be taking on this challenge while in the best shape and fitness level I’ve seen in 15 years! (And who knows, without those DD’s I may have a 25 BMI now 😂😂😂). I hope this inspires someone about how life changing fitness is!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!