Pokémon go players

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Man... I wish I could play this. My area has nothing interesting and pokestops or gyms. It isn't even interesting beyond the novelty of catching my first random few and running out of candy and balls. I can't do most things.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Man... I wish I could play this. My area has nothing interesting and pokestops or gyms. It isn't even interesting beyond the novelty of catching my first random few and running out of candy and balls. I can't do most things.

I thought that at first, too - but the park down the street (15 minutes walk, 6 minutes by bike) has 5 stops and 2 gyms. If I roam as far as the library (another 2 miles down the river - total of an hour's walk, or 15 minutes in the car) I can hit a quarter-mile loop with 11 stops and gym, and the downtown area is peppered with stops. You might just need to look around. https://www.pokemongomap.info/location/42,064213/-88,262025/16 Here's a handy tool to take a virtual look in likely places. Parks and churches are good places to look.
  • kponeill739
    kponeill739 Posts: 5 Member
    Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I can bond over this game! It has really gotten me outside so much more- my dog is loving it. :) I'll add everyone I can, but anyone add me too! 5654 8921 5538
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member

I thought that at first, too - but the park down the street (15 minutes walk, 6 minutes by bike) has 5 stops and 2 gyms. If I roam as far as the library (another 2 miles down the river - total of an hour's walk, or 15 minutes in the car) I can hit a quarter-mile loop with 11 stops and gym, and the downtown area is peppered with stops. You might just need to look around. https://www.pokemongomap.info/location/42,064213/-88,262025/16 Here's a handy tool to take a virtual look in likely places. Parks and churches are good places to look.

It's different for me. I know where the stops are, they're clustered about 7 km away from me. I can't get there on foot (highway) and I just can't respectfully stand there and catch pokemon - they're all religious places (mosques and churches).
  • autumnblade75

It's different for me. I know where the stops are, they're clustered about 7 km away from me. I can't get there on foot (highway) and I just can't respectfully stand there and catch pokemon - they're all religious places (mosques and churches).

There is no reason to loiter on the church doorstep while catching Pokemon - they spawn just about everywhere. It's trivial to spin the stop while walking past, once you know the range. I wouldn't consider walking past to be disrespectful, even repeatedly. I recognize that a highway is a barrier. I also just discovered, a few weeks ago, a footbridge that runs across the river, under the highway. There may be paths you don't know about, yet. This is a good opportunity to explore your neighborhood well, on foot. Or maybe there's another location you haven't noticed, yet.

That Dragonite I couldn't find the other day? I suspect he was on the other side of the highway. Since we moved in, they put in a 20 foot high wall, so we can't see it from our front yard, but we are *literally* a stone's throw from a major toll road.

My coworker and I stop on the way home from work, occasionally, in various forest preserves - at least 2 of them contain gyms. And he navigated us to an unfamiliar gym for a raid, yesterday morning. We got lost for a minute afterwards, but we eventually managed to come out on a familiar road. The biggest hassle can be finding a place to park the car while you stand around looking foolish in the park for the raid to start.

If you're interested in the game, you'll need to find a stop or 2 for supplies (or get some friends who gift, and open those gifts for pokeballs and potions) so you can catch the critters. I will probably never catch 'em all, but I enjoy the aspects of grinding levels. I'm not so sure what I'll get from the game when I hit level 40. If you want to accept free gifts, add me. I'm not at capacity for friends, yet, and I'm commited to sending everyone a gift, ever day, if they have accepted the previous gift. That's just game mechanics. I can't send the next one if they haven't claimed the previous one. Oh, and that limit of accepting 20 gifts per day. You'll still probably want a better source of pokeballs. But it's more than most of us had, starting in 2016. This whole "friends" thing is brand new, and it's getting me closer to that level 40 mark fast.
  • TheGaudyMagpie
    TheGaudyMagpie Posts: 282 Member
    Hi all. I'm still playing too, and in the interest of helping along with the newest special research, here's my trainer code: 9015 2862 8291
  • allisonlh3394
    allisonlh3394 Posts: 4 Member
    I send gifts and need more friends on the game lol 7372 0421 8001 is my friend code
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    shaf238 wrote: »
    Didn't realise this was still being played but if it gets people active - good!

You forgot to post your Trainer Code! :wink:
    I don't play it, I never have. I'll reserve my judgement on those who do HAHA
  • yasminara
    yasminara Posts: 247 Member
    Hi! I’d love friends who are also on here! It’d be fun to stay in touch! Feel free to add and let’s be friends here too! 2160 5010 9084
  • yasminara
    yasminara Posts: 247 Member
    Okay I think I tried to add a lot of you!! I send gifts a lot because it’s fun!
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Team Instinct 4 Lyfe!!! :-)

Trainer code 8579 8382 3218

Always happy to add friends, I have a small group I raid with locally, I chuckle that here I am a professional business woman playing Pokémon Go in the airport ha ha! I love it though, have fun with the kids and it’s a little nostalgic for me
  • RB5790
    RB5790 Posts: 817 Member
    Feel free to add me if you’d like. 9356 5724 8161
  • karsei01
    karsei01 Posts: 442 Member
    Found this now, I don't have my phone at work, but will send requests after work :-)
  • tianacaona
    tianacaona Posts: 20 Member
    I think I added just about everyone. If not: 8158 1246 4826
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    My trainer code is 5877 2583 3275. I am 59 and about 10 or so levels higher than my 24/25 year old sons. I can always use more friends.
  • mustardnchips
    mustardnchips Posts: 22 Member
    Ooo can i join too, theres 2 stops by work and each lunch i walk to the gym a few minutes away as an excuse the get away at lunch my number is 9856 0961 7802
  • VictorSmashes
    VictorSmashes Posts: 173 Member
    Hi guys! Im VictorRuins trainor code: 9758 5804 0909 I need to get out more— thankfully there’s a special field research and Im out walking the lake!!
  • autumnblade75
    That special research is particularly motivating.

One of the tasks is to trade a pokemon. I went down to the park to find a random trainer.

"Hey! Are you playing Pokemon, Go!? Trade me a Weedle!!!"

It was drizzling. I brought my husband with me. He didn't want to go with me, once he heard my plan to accost strangers in the park. I'm not sure how I convinced him, but I finished that task. +1 to my friends list, too.

I've been on my bicycle for at least 35 miles in the past 2 days. It shouldn't have taken that many miles, but I may be going a smidge too fast. I think I need a bike computer. I'd use the phone, but it's already designated for the pokemon hunting. I considered strapping the Garmin to my other wrist, but that feels wierd. The GO-tcha stopped working, so I guess I could put the Garmin and the Fitbit together, for now. My butt hurts. Last night, my hip was sore, too - but that seems better with a night's rest. Today I'm glad for a rest from the bike.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member

If you'd like to play something like Pokemon Go, but live in a place without a lot of stuff (Pokemon isn't really rural player friendly), try Jurassic Park Alive. Jurassic Park is basically Pokemon with dinosaurs. I stopped playing Pokemon because there's nothing around where I live or work, and I don't want to have to always drive someplace out of my way to play a game. JP has a much better distribution of dinosaurs and supply drops (equivalent to Pokestops), there's a supply drop I can reach just standing at the end of my driveway.
  • charlotteX92X
    charlotteX92X Posts: 344 Member
    If anyone wants to add me my code is 4109 8411 8718. I usually play it while running and listening to Zombies run or Abel radio. I send gifts too :)