Fallen down the hill

Options
Please guys help me out, I have tried losing weight since January but seem not get anywhere. I am clinically obese which is a real danger due medical health problems. I am looking for some folks to hold my hand and guide me through this healthy life changing journey Please!

Replies

• deborahdferguson0267
    Options
    I just started today with this app. I also have a long way to go on my weight loss. We could be buddies and help each other out
  • judy20018
    judy20018 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That would be great! Please lets walk together x
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You lose weight when you're eating less than you burn, and that is something you do, not try. Have you put your stats into Setup, have you gotten a calorie goal, have you bought a food scale? Those things will have a real, measureable effect.
  • judy20018
    Options
    Thanks Kommondevaran.
    I have been having one meal per day and drinking, 3litr
    es of water per day. I will go and buy the food scale then take it from there
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    judy20018 wrote: »
    Thanks Kommondevaran.
    I have been having one meal per day and drinking, 3litres of water per day.
    Those things are not necessary, and might even prevent you from doing what it takes to lose weight.
    I will go and buy the food scale then take it from there
    Do that, and put it to good use.
  • Danyloz
    Danyloz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Trying to get back on the wagon after I fell off a LONG time ago. I know this system works because I have had some success before and now I am trying to get it back. Please add me and hopefully we can support each other.
  • JSMurray79
    JSMurray79 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just started this a few minutes ago so I am very new. I have tried many times as well to lose weight and I too and obese, I have recently been diagnosed with some health issues and my doctor said I have to lose weight if I want to keep myself alive pretty much. I will be more than happy to help you through this process, we can help motivate each other 🤩 WE CAN DO IT!! Good luck to you and everyone else looking to make themselves better and a healthier lifestyle 🍀
  • judy20018
    Options
    Lets pull each up JSMurray79
    I really need help, my main problem is eating, I cant stop eating, I eat like a horse😭😭
  • JSMurray79
    Options
    I too have a problem eating, mine is more of what I eat...I love pasta, bread and alot of dairy products and sweets of course😕
    I think we will be great at motivating each other and I really look forward to it.
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    JSMurray79 wrote: »
    I too have a problem eating, mine is more of what I eat...I love pasta, bread and alot of dairy products and sweets of course😕
    You can eat whatever you want, but you get fat if you eat too much over time. You can eat too much of anything, and you can eat less of anything, too.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Lets pull each up JSMurray79
    I really need help, my main problem is eating, I cant stop eating, I eat like a horse😭😭

Yes you can, you just don't want to. Yeah it can be hard and yeah it can be exhausting, but just start logging whatever you normally eat accurately. Food scales for solids, cups and measuring jugs for liquids.

From there you can see what you are eating, chances are there are a few things that are all adding up that are cancelling out your deficit. So here you can identify them, and make little changes along the way. Maybe it's swapping regular soda for low cal sodas. Maybe it's drinking less alcohol during the week. Maybe it's reducing the number of takeaways down. Maybe it's just reducing your portion sizes. I don't know for you, but whatever it is, it needs to work for you.

There's no point saying "I'm never going to ever eat chocolate again" if you love chocolate and eat several bars a day. It would be better to say "I will limit myself to one piece of chocolate a day", that way you're not cutting out something you really enjoy, but you're also reducing your intake. You don't need to be perfect to lose weight. You just need to be better.
  • judy20018
    Options
    Deviette, I am out right now doing my food shopping. I love bread, I can finish a loaf of bread on my own, portion control is another big problem, then loads of mugs of tea and coffee per day☹
    I do night shifts mostly which means I eat and drink coffee all night at work. 😭
  • judy20018
    Options
    I think we will be great at motivating each other and I really look forward to it.

I love bread, meat, tea coffee. I do night shifts so I finish a loaf per night.
    For meat, I love red meat only. I have been told to reduce red meat intake because health probs, but I just cant. 🤭
  • JSMurray79
    Options
    Ya u definitely need to cut back on the bread, since it's so hard just start smaller at first like cut back to half loaf then after several days or a week cut back 3 or 4 more pieces and so on....as far as red meat, it's not horrible for you but if u go crazy with it then it dont do alot of good, maybe trade some of it for Turkey or chicken, and as for the tea and coffee, do u just have them plain or add creamer cause the creamer isnt very good for u since its loaded with sugar, tea would be better for the caffeine just dont like drown yourself in it.
  • judy20018
    Options
    Ya u definitely need to cut back on the bread, since it's so hard just start smaller at first like cut back to half loaf then after several days or a week cut back 3 or 4 more pieces and so on....as far as red meat, it's not horrible for you but if u go crazy with it then it dont do alot of good, maybe trade some of it for Turkey or chicken, and as for the tea and coffee, do u just have them plain or add creamer cause the creamer isnt very good for u since its loaded with sugar, tea would be better for the caffeine just dont like drown yourself in it.

I will try that tonight at work. I will also try chicken, to be honesty, I havent eaten Turkey since childhood but willing to give it a try. Tea & coffee, I just add Soya milk, no sugar or anything else.
  • judy20018
    Options
    I love bread, I can finish a loaf of bread on my own, portion control is another big problem, then loads of mugs of tea and coffee per day☹
    I do night shifts mostly which means I eat and drink coffee all night at work. 😭
    I love bread, meat, tea coffee. I do night shifts so I finish a loaf per night.
    For meat, I love red meat only. I have been told to reduce red meat intake because health probs, but I just cant. 🤭
    To me as an outsider, the problem is clear. You see connections where there are none, and you are acting like a child because you've been treated like a child. Ready?

Most people love to eat, but most people also limit themselves because overeating leads to weight gain.
    Overeating is not the same as love of food, it's food abuse.
    Coffee and tea is practically 0 calories. But if you load them with milk and cream and creamer and sugar, it can add up fast.
    You, not your work schedule, decide what and how much to eat.
    A healthy diet is balanced and varied. Humans like what we are used to, but we also like novelty. When we're told we can't or shouldn't have something, our desire for it increases.

If you use your food diary as a tool, you can compose meals that are both healthy and appealing to you. Feeling in control of your food intake makes it easier to not overeat.

You are right, I tend to use food as a coping strategy sometimes. When I feel too lonely or stressed out, I reach out for food. So once I start, there is no limit or control. Thats why I am on here to find help, to find other healthy coping strategies, to know when to stop eating, to know how to control the ongoing hunger, to distract my mind away from food, portion control and what to eat to keep me fuller for a longer period
  • times60
    times60 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I have been trying to loose over 105lbs since last year and only because I haven't taken it seriously. I always find excuses for myself. Lets all motivate each other. I know we can all do it.
  • judy20018
    Options
    times60 wrote: »
    Please add me. I have been trying to loose over 105lbs since last year and only because I haven't taken it seriously. I always find excuses for myself. Lets all motivate each other. I know we can all do it.

Please check your inbox