Loose weight and get toned

Options
I’ve been going to the gym quite a bit for 6 months now but my eating eating habits where not that great. So now I’m trying to stay with in my calorie count and eat more protein, just eating better overall. I’m hoping and praying this works! I’m 5’9 and I weight 186 and I want to get down to at least 164 lbs. and have muscle. Any tips are appropriated😉.

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're on the right track... just comes down to patience and consistency.
  • bodyofartsandmuscle
    bodyofartsandmuscle Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good to hear! I was becoming very frustrated at first because I was not seeing my self loose the weight. I go to the gym or try to 4 times a week but a lot of people have told me that are into getting fit it’s about eating right and eating lots of protein to get the muscle. Thanks for the reply😊
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Good to hear! I was becoming very frustrated at first because I was not seeing my self loose the weight. I go to the gym or try to 4 times a week but a lot of people have told me that are into getting fit it’s about eating right and eating lots of protein to get the muscle. Thanks for the reply😊

Getting fit is kind of a vague term, but in most cases, losing weight is about diet and getting fit is about both diet and exercise. So if you weren't seeing weight loss like you wanted, getting your diet in order is definitely priority #1. Focus first on total calories... everything else comes second.
  • BrianKMcFalls
    BrianKMcFalls Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    If you are looking to also gain muscle, that's going to involve lifting, if that's not already part of your gym routine.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    If you are looking to also gain muscle, that's going to involve lifting, if that's not already part of your gym routine.

i have muscle. i have not lifted anything other than me
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I’ve been going to the gym quite a bit for 6 months now but my eating eating habits where not that great. So now I’m trying to stay with in my calorie count and eat more protein, just eating better overall. I’m hoping and praying this works! I’m 5’9 and I weight 186 and I want to get down to at least 164 lbs. and have muscle. Any tips are appropriated😉.

To see muscle, you need to have an overall low fat percentage. You might be really fit and strong and still see nothing, without being obese, just a bit overweight will do it, depending on where your body stores fat. If you think you have 20 lbs to lose, this might be all the change you need.
  • bodyofartsandmuscle
    bodyofartsandmuscle Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Working loosing and this app is really helping, sounds good to me.😊
  • BrianKMcFalls
    BrianKMcFalls Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »

i have muscle. i have not lifted anything other than me

That's lifting in my book. My point was, cardio alone isn't going to get her the look she sounds like she wants.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    mph323 wrote: »
    Frazdogg wrote: »
    2 O’s means it’s too loose. As in, my pants are too loose and they are falling down. I need a belt.

1 O means, I would like to lose weight.

Correcting people's grammar and spelling when the meaning is obvious and unambiguous is smug and egocentric. Especially when contributing nothing else to the conversation.

....and this response isn’t smug and egocentric? :unamused: Pot, meet kettle.

InexperiencedDimwittedGoldenmantledgroundsquirrel-max-1mb.gif
  • MagnumOpus1
    MagnumOpus1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Pick a sustainable way to eat that you can adhere to. Anything wild and drastic will eventually crash and burn. If you have a sweet tooth, consider that and don't ban yourself from eating such foods.