Keto Newbie

Options
lbzmse
lbzmse Posts: 19 Member
Hello everyone! I NEED HELP. Just started keto I weigh 175 I’m 5’8 and want to lose weight about 20 lbs. I just started the 16 hr fasting. I need to know how much fat, carbs, protein I need to still lose!!! Thank you in advance

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    lbzmse wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I NEED HELP. Just started keto I weigh 175 I’m 5’8 and want to lose weight about 20 lbs. I just started the 16 hr fasting. I need to know how much fat, carbs, protein I need to still lose!!! Thank you in advance

You will lose based on your calories. Your macros can help you with compliance. With 20 lbs to lose, you should expect to lose around 1 lb per week, though with keto/low carb you may lose some additional water weight as well in the first couple of weeks. I don't do keto, so I'll let someone else help you with the macro breakdown.

Welcome and good luck :drinker:
  • lbzmse
    Options
    Oh my gosh!!! Thank you a million times 😬😬😬👌👌💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,061 Member
    Options

No problem! Best wishes to you.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options

You're welcome! It's not as hard as many people want it to seem!
  • lbzmse
    Options
    Thank you so much. I am just learning the basics and I don’t want to go to crazy on it but want to watch the carbs for sure. I love almonds and walnuts etc. do you eat dairy? Yogurt etc. May I ask about intermittent fasting. I just have eggs Avacado veggies etc for dinner I make sure I add Avacado but night time I have a rough time right now with sweets.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I do IF but it is by accident and not by intent. I doubt if I ever eat less than 50 grams of carbs but I hate counting anything or even balancing my checkbook so I do no tracking of what I eat most of the time. If my pain level shoots up I look at the way I have been eating and MOVING.

I have been walking 1/4 mile a day for four years down a steep hill and back up. When I started I would have to rest many times but now I could even jog it but that would not be good on my body parts I expect at my age.

@lbzmse in time doing keto is like use your turn signals when driving. Thinking is involved but it is subconscious. Food is not even on my mind unless I run out of it like coconut flakes two days ago. :)
  • lbzmse
    Options
    Ok I will try it and get myself coconut flakes for snacks. Awesome for you that you can even jog !! Bravo. Thanks for your help