Keto Success Story - down 119 lbs and completely seizure-free.

Options
2»

Replies

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Incredible!! :):)
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • glorian13vazquez498
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • tbrann1971
    tbrann1971 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Niff314 wrote: »
    cdmjborwa47j.jpg

11 months of keto, 10 months seizure-free, down from 280 lbs to 161 lbs, hiked 2,600 miles in 2017, BP 106/68, RHR 61 BPM, lipid panels in perfect shape.This has been a very exciting year!

WOWZA, great job!!!
  • tbrann1971
    tbrann1971 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have no clue what I'm doing, newbie here.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Look at you go!
  • netbags18
    netbags18 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Your amazing great work. I’m new to keto and also have no idea what I’m doing :-(
  • Niff314
    Niff314 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    netbags18 wrote: »
    Your amazing great work. I’m new to keto and also have no idea what I’m doing :-(

If you haven't already subscribed to the keto subreddit I highly recommend it. You'll need to wade through a lot of information but the search feature is pretty useful in this regard. If you refer to the sidebar on the main page there's an informative FAQ section. Feel free to add me as a friend and ask questions if you need to. :)
  • Niff314
    Niff314 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    kori_b wrote: »
    This is super inspirational, congrats! You look amazing! Started keto in nov. for health issues including epilepsy. Were they able to lower u off of some of ur seizure meds as u lost some of the weight? I’m hoping that’s the case for me, I’m on a super high dose of keppra which makes me exhausted all the time so I was just curious. I know every situation is different.

Hey Kori! Actually I'm now off of all epilepsy medication - before I stopped I was taking 3,000 mg of levetiracetam daily. I'm medication free for the first time in 22 years and I had no idea my brain could work so well. :)
  • zreyes26
    zreyes26 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    WOW, I just came across this post. YOU MY DEAR ARE A TRUE INSPIRATION. CONGRATS.
  • vampireebunny
    vampireebunny Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! :)
    I find the dedication in these stories extremely admirable - it shows you worked your butt off and you were committed to a lifestyle change, not just a "diet" for a short amount of time. I myself am not on Keto, however my brother is and is almost down 100lbs. Unfortunately i'm vegetarian and I already have a lot of food restrictions due to health reasons, so i'm not too sure if it would be sustainable for me personally. If it were, I would most likely be doing Keto because the results usually seem to always be amazing!!
  • Farrell73
    Farrell73 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You look great! I'm new to keto, could you please give me an example of a day of eating?
  • dmcnur
    dmcnur Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, well done on a great achievement. I have been keto since November 2017 and have also had huge health benefits and a 75 pound weight loss. My LDL is a little high but am still waiting for a report on the subfractions to see what the actual particle size breakdown is. My regular doctor understands keto but he is away for 6 months and his replacement immediately wanted to put me on statins. There is no way I will take them and told him so. All my other bloods are perfect.
  • jsb0726
    jsb0726 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This is so amazing! May I ask, how in fhe WORLD did you start!??? I have tried and tried and TRIED to stick to a keto diet but never make it past 3 or 4 days. Congratulations!!!

If it’s the keto flu that stops you then the trick for me was electrolytes.
  • seatownbibti
    seatownbibti Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Life changing!! Thanks for sharing..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!