Do grilled cheese and normal cheese without grilled contain the same amount of calories?

Options
SparklesFer097
SparklesFer097 Posts: 27 Member
edited August 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
This may sound like a stupid question lol. I mean sometimes the oil comes out of it after it’s being grilled so this makes me wonder.

Replies

• funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Can you clarify your question? Are you asking about the difference in calories in a grilled cheese sandwich compared to a cold cheese sandwich?
  • SparklesFer097
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    Can you clarify your question? Are you asking about the difference in calories in a grilled cheese sandwich compared to a cold cheese sandwich?

Yeah I mean that but without the bread. Just plain cheese. Cold cheese VS grilled cheese
  • SparklesFer097
    Options
    ]
    mph323 wrote: »
    This may sound like a stupid question lol. I mean sometimes the oil comes out of it after it’s being grilled so this makes me wonder.

The difference would be a few calories if it was even measurable. Don't overthink this! And no such thing as a stupid question :)

Hahah lol thank u! I’ll try not to
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Not enough oil is removed to make any difference in calories.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I looked up 244 g melted cheddar cheese and 244 g unmelted cheddar cheese on nutritionix and the calorie information was the same.
    I have never logged melted cheese as being lower calorie. I would not bother.
  • arrghmatey1
    arrghmatey1 Posts: 91 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Got to agree with most of the folks here. That being said I can see why you asked especially if it's Mexican cheese you are frying and eating straight up.
    I would look around and see if there is anything online.
    Ground beef has different calorie values depending on how its prepared.
    Of course 75/25 ground beef puts out a measurable quantity of fat.
    And there are some vegetables which have different calorie counts when drained.
    If you are eating a lot of something it might be worth your while to investigate more.
    I myself eat a lot(almost everyday) of ground chuck prepared in a certain way and I use a lower calorie count for it that I found on the USDA website.
    My thoughts are that cheese like oil has a set number of calories pretty much the same for all varieties with maybe the exception of swiss cheese.
    They just change the portion to change the calories listed.
    An ounce of cheddar is 100 calories and often you will see it listed as 70 but the portion is reduced from 28 grams to 21 grams.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »

Yeah I mean that but without the bread. Just plain cheese. Cold cheese VS grilled cheese

I would think the grilled cheese would be more calories. If you're talking about the sandwich there's also the bread.
  • SparklesFer097
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your replies. I was panicking for no reason. I really appreciate you taking time to reply.