Thoughts on....

Options
What are your thoughts on an exercise of the day? I'm trying to decide the best way to get an array of exercises in my life. walking/jogging, elliptical, sit ups, and stationary bike...that's my routine. It's quite a boring one. thoughts?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I try to alternate cardio and strength. Cardio video in the morning (usually dancey/aerobics or kickboxing) and 3x per week lifting, then maybe a video with cardio and dumbbells and a walk or run outside. I try to do some sort of stretching or yoga at least once per week.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    It depends on what your goals are. It could be anything from a great idea to a terrible idea.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I like being outside, it makes me happy and calms my savage beast. So I do a lot of road cycling, hiking, walks around the neighborhood, cross country skiing in the winter, swimming and canoeing in the summer, stuff that gets me outside, and lets me explore. That keeps it from getting boring.

Figure out ways to the your exercise in with things you enjoy.
  • kittychick1987
    kittychick1987 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like naps... what exercise can be incorporated into that? :D:D:D
  • kittychick1987
    kittychick1987 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

My dog seems to chase rabbits in her sleep. You could try that!

That'll be on my list
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I do enjoy kickboxing. It allows me to get some inner rage out. Prevents me from harming those around me and reduces the number of people who are willing to mess with me.
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Think back to when you were a kid, what types of things did you enjoy doing? Swimming, biking, hiking, jump rope, hopscotch, climbing on the jungle gym? All of these are either exercises you can do as an adult, or they translate to exercises. Maybe try a rock climbing wall or kayaking. You could take up a martial art. Are there sports club or rec league in your area? You could pick up baseball, basketball, soccer, volleyball, or flag football. If you like hiking, try trail running (definitely challenging and helps with balance and core work as well as takes a solid amount of focus. Your times won't be as good as on a treadmill or road running but don't be discouraged because it's a different beast). Variety and doing this you enjoy will help you in the long run.
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Les Mills cycling! What a great workout!
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Shavasana or corpse pose in yoga. I could fall asleep happily.
  • DarianJP
    DarianJP Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Walkings been enough exercise lately for me. I work outside at a Public Park/sports complex so I get about 16000-20000 steps a day. I use to ride my stationary bike every day but works gotten busier with the baseball season so I dropped the bike. I’ll probably pick it back up in the Fall once we’re a little slower at work. Point is, any exercise is better than no exercise.
  • curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    YouTube has a lot of non boring cardio. Cycling outside....hikes in the woods....taking a class out of the house a few times a week/month helps keep things alive