Hiii new to mfp

Options
toxic_cupcake39
toxic_cupcake39 Posts: 4 Member
edited August 2018 in Introduce Yourself
I'm Nikki, I'm new to the app....im just here for group support. I'm going through all the required visits I need for gastic sleeve surgery (which is just the dietitian visits left). I tried diets, the gym....and those things alone just aren't enough I need help. I'm 39 and on 10 different medications....10!! I need to get myself to a healthy point where I don't need 10 medications. I have 5 nieces and 1 nephew ages 11 years to 3 months old...that I want to see grow up. I'm godmother of two of my nieces and I need to make sure that should I ever have to take them for any reason that I'm able and healthy to take care of them. So I made the decision to start the surgery process. It's going to be a journey but I'm ready.

Replies

• SelenaMariaStewart
    SelenaMariaStewart Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community, and congrats on making the decision to get healthy! It's great your getting the surgery you need, but I would also suggest to start calorie logging now to get a baseline and to help you after your surgery :) plus, any amount of weight you can get off before the surgery may help reduce the risk of complications and speed up recovery time! Like I said, welcome! And feel free to add me as a friend for support :smile:
  • seatownbibti
    seatownbibti Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Welcome @nikkilyn79 ... it sounds like you have some very dear reasons for wanting to get healthy. I’m relatively new to MFP too and am finding it very encouraging.

Find some boards that resonate with you. Add some friends. And check in daily, even when it’s hard or you go over your calories. You’ve got this.
  • toxic_cupcake39
    Options
    Saibasu wrote: »
    Welcome to the community, and congrats on making the decision to get healthy! It's great your getting the surgery you need, but I would also suggest to start calorie logging now to get a baseline and to help you after your surgery :) plus, any amount of weight you can get off before the surgery may help reduce the risk of complications and speed up recovery time! Like I said, welcome! And feel free to add me as a friend for support :smile:

Thank you and I've already started....been on the app for a few days now, but just started the premium today :)
  • toxic_cupcake39
    Options
    Welcome @nikkilyn79 ... it sounds like you have some very dear reasons for wanting to get healthy. I’m relatively new to MFP too and am finding it very encouraging.

Find some boards that resonate with you. Add some friends. And check in daily, even when it’s hard or you go over your calories. You’ve got this.

Thank you very much!
  • Maggie_4411
    Maggie_4411 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You will overcome this obstacle! *Positive Vibes* <3
  • toxic_cupcake39
    Options
    You will overcome this obstacle! *Positive Vibes* <3

Thank you! And thank you for the friend request :)