Need friends to keep me motivated

Options
LizzieRoze
LizzieRoze Posts: 47 Member
Hi, I'm new to this. I joined this website 3 days ago and I really need all the help I could get. If you want to add me then cool ^_^.

I want to stay motivated :)

Replies

• kathbrett
    kathbrett Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Lizzie, what goals do you have?
  • claireburlap
    claireburlap Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know you could have 'friends' on here
  • LizzieRoze
    Options
    kathbrett wrote: »
    Lizzie, what goals do you have?

My goal so far is to lose roughly 14lb by the end of September but more would be great XD
  • jessicarose22492
    jessicarose22492 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Adding you! :)
  • LizzieRoze
    Options
    Adding you! :)

Thank you ^_^
  • MamaSarah85
    MamaSarah85 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how to add anyone, I'm new here too. If you add me, I'll add back.
  • hadirk
    hadirk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm not new to the website but I'm restarting my weight loss and fitness journey after falling off the wagon, I'd love to add you.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »
    Welcome to MFP!

Some advice that I wish I'd received earlier than I did after coming here:
    Don't rely on motivation, motivation alone is fickle and will let you down.

By all means, ride that motivation while you have it, but also focus some efforts on building habits, discipline, and structure to lean on when your motivation starts to wane. Don't think of having "on plan/off plan" food or lifestyle choices, try to build sustainability into your routine and have it fit your goals.

Unfortunately, this is something that looks different for everyone and it may take failing a few times for you to learn where/what you need to bolster you defenses when you're having an off day.

All of this^^. Motivation comes and goes but goals and habits are guiding principles that keep you focused. Depending on others for motivation would not last as long as deciding what is important to you and setting goals and a plan to get there. It's gotta come from within or it won't last. External motivation is short lived.

Additionally, you may want to take a look at your weight loss goal. 14 lbs in a month is 3+ lbs per week. That is not likely a healthy and sustainable approach. If you only have 14lbs to your goal weight, you many want to adjust down to .5 lbs per week. That would be more sustainable and appropriate. A goal of 3+ lbs per week should be for someone who is obese and has more than 75lbs to lose.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    The only one who can motivate you is YOU! But you can get support and encouragement from others and that can help you stay on track. And I agree with what everyone else has said - start developing habits and discipline that you can fall back on, rather than counting on motivation to see you through.