Replies

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    VUA21 wrote: »
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    Mine is particularly dumb and will prob get woos :wink:
    I started to jog (still training, can't do a full run) because I feel half a person because I can't jog.

Do both feet leave the ground? If yes, that's running. Running isn't about speed, it's about gait. Jogging is a term invented by pugilists that is used for a runners gait with pugilism arm movements.

So, now you know, you run. You are a runner.

I used the verb jogging because I meant rinning for some period of time. I can do the movement "running". My problem is that I can only run for 120sec at the moment.

I thought it was straight forward what I meant there. It's a nice topic. Let's not derail the thread by going into linguistics.

I think there's a misunderstanding - it was meant as a compliment! Many people feel that running slowly is jogging and not really "running" but you don't have to be able to run a certain speed or a certain distance to call yourself a runner.

120 seconds is fine, what's important is that you are out there running. Keep training, I hope soon you can run long enough to feel whole again! This time last year I couldn't run more than 60 seconds and now I can run six miles.

If it was meant as a compliment it was a misunderstanding indeed. I appologise. It is difficult sometimes to determine without the intonation.

6 miles! I hope I can get there!
  • z4oslo
    z4oslo Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    dmille2 wrote: »
    I run because I can.

+1
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I run because I never believed I could. I run because I love having a concrete reason to get my butt off the couch. I run to get the extra calories. I run because finishing a race feels like a huge accomplishment - even though I've done it several times before. I run because I love the feeling when a run is complete (although not always the feeling in the middle). I run as a stress release; when I couldn't run due to knee pain and another of my stress relievers was off the table (bathtub was damaged + needed replacement), I found myself shopping more, which was definitely not good.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Only for my life... well.. maybe the icecream truck.. lol
  • mojo4717
    mojo4717 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I only run if someone is chasing me and even then they would have to be pretty scary and have a handful of spiders or something
  • Sairzie
    Sairzie Posts: 122 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I run because I can and a year ago I didn’t think I ever could.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    JoeCWV wrote: »
    bpotts44 wrote: »
    Exercise for reward is not optimal. Try to run because it is enjoyable.

I like to run because I can drink more beer. What kind. Local craft beer of course. The only reason to exercise is for a reward. Be it fitness, or well, beer. You do you and I'll do me.

Local for local's sake is a stupid reason to drink any beer. By that rationale, we truly should all live in Portland, San Diego, NorCal, or that one amazing city in North Carolina... forgetting other beer meccas in this country.

I, too, was going to say I run for beer. And tacos.