Aussie on a mission DUROMINE 30mg

Options
2»

Replies

• Sab8484
    Sab8484 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sab8484 wrote: »
    I understand your view completely. I’m not taking the medication to fix the issue. I am using it only as a kick start to help me along. I am making lifestyle changes along the way as I want a long term outcome.
    If you want a good long term outcome, you drop the idea of kickstart.

^ My choice to use medication does not mean I cannot have a good long term outcome. Thanks for your input though; but really unnecessary.
    I was really surprised at the calorie intake of regular things in my day (coffee,tea etc). So that was a good eye opener to the things I’ve looked past.
    But there are practically 0 calories in coffee and tea?

^^ The app showed me just how many extra calories I was consuming by having sugar and full fat milk in my coffee and tea.
    I make healthier choices with everything I eat now. I’m not saying it’s the BEST or the HEALTHIEST of choices as I’m still learning, but certainly more aware of the bad things.
    An even better approach is to stop dividing foods into good and bad, healthy and unhealthy, and learn to eat for both pleasure and nutrition. You can eat anything in moderation. Calling stuff you like, bad, is what makes you crave them like mad.

^ Thank you for your suggestion, I’ll stick that with the other suggestions.
    I’m excited for this journey and a little scared as well. I’ve been overweight for so long that it became normal.
    If you can calm down a little - weightloss is nothing to be scared of, and nothing to be excited about, either - weight management will become the new normal.

^ Im calm? Perhaps YOUR weight loss is nothing to be scared of or excited about? You cannot assume that the way you view things is the same for everyone. This journey for me is scary and exciting.

I’m looking forward to my personal journey to weight loss and what will be my own version of normal.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my thread :)

• chubbycatcorner
    chubbycatcorner Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    There is no point doing something that you can't do for the rest of your life. Because once you stop everything will go back to normal. You can hate me for stating fact but it's better then lying to you.
  • Sab8484
    Sab8484 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    There is no point doing something that you can't do for the rest of your life. Because once you stop everything will go back to normal. You can hate me for stating fact but it's better then lying to you.

Hi!

Gosh no hate here hun. I appreciate what you’re saying. Perhaps I haven’t given the whole picture.

I am not sitting on medication waiting for it to do the work for me. It’s a helping hand to start. I understand it’s not for everyone but my journey isn’t everyone’s, it’s mine :)

I have made a lot of Changes to my lifestyle already. Using MFP has helped me keep track of my calorie intake and given me a better understanding of high calorie foods/drinks I was regularly consuming. I am more aware of my portion sizes now and I’m also exercising more.

Prior to my weight loss kick off I spent time to quit smoking. This is a whole lifestyle change for me not just about losing KG.

I hope you’re journey is going well x