Just starting Keto

Options
Good morning! I need friends to help me along on my Keto journey. I have about 10 pounds left to lose and the hardest part is staying active and not relying on too many supplements

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, you have to eat less. But you can eat less of anything.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Keto is not magic or necessary for weight loss. Just eating a caloric deficit over time.
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Sending you a FR!! :)
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    bpotts44 wrote: »
    Keto is not magic or necessary for weight loss. Just eating a caloric deficit over time.

It's definitely not necessary for weight loss, but it helps tremendously with managing hunger and food obsession. I personally really enjoy this way of eating. It's really hard for me to have sweets and candies in moderation but once I've been eating keto for a while it's not even something that I want or miss anymore. I personally never rebounded from re-integrating carbs into my diet. I was able to maintain my loss within 5lbs.
  • trespence
    trespence Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nothing is magic -- but keto works for me as a lifestyle choice. I am not hungry or full and I find I am making conscious choices about food. Also - my chronic health issue is in control on keto and THAT is life changing.