I quit artificial sweeteners!!!!

Options
Ok so I quit consuming artificial sweeteners 6 days ago. I had some pretty bad headaches but they seem to have passed now. Today I have felt different! I am eating my normal food but feeling so full and for so long today even being about to cut out normal snacks today. Is this from stopping artificial sweetners or just a fluke day?

Replies

• Silhouette199
    Silhouette199 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I use Stevia without any side effects. Splenda gave me terrible headaches.
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I gave them up a couple of years ago for the most part. I've found that I have a sensitivity to Aspartame and if consume it these days it gives me a headache and I feel quite bad for about a day or so. Eventually your palate changes and you don't miss the sweeteners. I never drank ice tea sweetened and these days coffee with half and half just tastes great to me. I've cut out a lot of sugar from my diet as well. That sweet taste is just so overwhelming I don't like it anymore aside from some fruit. Now a really great cup of coffee will bring more joy than any soda I've ever had...its amazing how one's tastes can change.
  • Karkeykay
    Karkeykay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started using stevia when I changed my diet and I've lost one pound a week for six months so it definitely doesn't interfere with weight loss and that was using MFP with a weekly goal of 0.5 lb loss. Not sure how that's happening as I almost always eat all of my calories and on rare occasion go over. Plus, if I exercise I eat those calories too. I also use Sweet n Low and Splenda on occasion. I am a sugaraholic, admittedly, and I knew if I was going to be able to stick with a more healthy diet I was going to have to do something to replace that. Maybe eventually I'll give it up. At least I'm not eating cookies and cake on a regular basis anymore.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I think it's a positive change. I've tried to eat more naturally over the years and cut out Diet Coke completely and swapped Splenda for Stevia...however, I still eat plenty of artificial sweeteners and other fake stuff. I just need a little sweetness but don't usually feel like spending the calories on sugar or honey...