Hi all

Just turned 50 last week. I believe I am admitting it! Need to lose the 40lbs I gained in the last 6 years since I stopped working. Funny but I looked at the scale yesterday morning and it was 170 ate well yesterday and now I am 173? Does that happen to you as well?

Replies

• Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Hi and welcome. yes, weight fluctuates, you could have been dehydrated when you weighed before. Just keep eating well and watch the scale. If you are eating a correct deficit, you will see a downward trend over time. Good Luck!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Scale weight fluctuate all day long. Food and water intransit, high sodium meal(water retention) and clothing. Step on the scale once a day, first thing in the morning.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,244 Member
    Yes I'm up and down most days, I use a trendweight app to keep tabs on the overall trend.

This was my first 6 months of logging with daily weighing.

ffal4t29vo2a.jpg

Why whould someone woo a diagram...

Anyway, @TBaebs yes, this happens to all of us all the time.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    I gave the diagram a hug... for no reason, it looked like it needed a hug.

@TBaebs Are you weighing yourself consistently? You should weigh yourself at the same time, with roughly the same clothing. Most people here like to weigh themselves each morning after a bathroom break and before a meal or beverage.
    Everyone here has weight fluctuations.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Are people still using "woo" as in "Woo-hoo! Way to go on that downward trend weight chart" ?
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,118 Member
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    Are people still using "woo" as in "Woo-hoo! Way to go on that downward trend weight chart" ?

I hope so, not sure how else it would attract woo :lol:
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,099 Member
    Hi welcome to the tribe...
    Does his best native welcome dance..
  • TBaebs
    TBaebs Posts: 10 Member
    Has anyone weighed just once per week? Sometimes my day determines how much I weigh I know it is a problem.