Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fighting with eating my depression away

Hi
I am 24 years old, I'm from Colombia, since February I've been in Germany as AuPair (nanny), I thought I was emotionally strong enough to hanlde everything, but it's been really hard for me, I am 5kg over my healthy weight and I've been trying to lose it, but everytime I fall in this dark place of depression I just stop exercising and start eating and drinking alcohol to make the pain go away.
It's been difficult trying to meet people and make friends, in this moment almost 7 months since I've been here I just have 1 friend and she lives really far from here.

The fact that the family that I live with almost only eat procesed food like salami and sausages has been difficult as well to follow a diet.

I am trying to keep my *kitten* together and I'm starting again to eat healthy and to make exercise at least 3 times per week.

I am looking for people to be my friends here and so I'll have motivation to keep going.

Replies

• andtcab
    andtcab Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I can definitely relate to so much that you shared and am also looking for someone to keep me accountable and motivated. Making a move, especially to another country with another language, is a huge change. Be gracious with yourself and proud that you took such a big leap. It takes time to settle in somewhere and find support and a healthy routine. You're on the right track already by acknowledging that it's been hard. I sent you a message too, so feel free to message me whenever and count me as a friend (: