Best online nutrition advice

Options
Hi, I am trying to find good quality online advice about nutrition. Can anyone recommend any websites that are proven to give trusted advice. Every website I have found seems to be pushing something or trying to sell you something. Any advice/ recommendations?

Replies

• hippiesaur
    hippiesaur Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Look at Most Helpful Posts (pinned post) in any MFP community forum topics. Lots of good info there.
  • falmouthfan
    falmouthfan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hippiesaur wrote: »
    Look at Most Helpful Posts (pinned post) in any MFP community forum topics. Lots of good info there.

Will do, thank you
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Bodyrecomposition.com has a gold mine of free information about diet/nutrition, fat loss and training. All of it is evidence-based and while Lyle does offer numerous books he’s authored for sale on the site, there are no ads, pop-ups or sleazy sale tactics.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    http://sciencedrivennutrition.com is another one - Dr Brad Dieter is a diabetes and metabolism researcher in Washington but he maintains this blog for discussing all kinds of nutrition stuff - he is also s staff member for Eat to Perform (disclosure I’ve worked with them for close to 3yrs now)
  • nancyvinci92
    nancyvinci92 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm a regular reader of livestrong.com
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I'm a regular reader of livestrong.com

Livestrong.com is about on par with Women's World magazine as a reliable information source. There's a lot of pop culture woo and fad diet articles. I wouldn't call it a high quality information source by any means.

Another good source I neglected to mention above is examine.com. All evidence-based, tons of research cited to back up their content. Also the first/best place to go for straight information when researching supplements. They're completely independent and unbiased - don't sell supplements, coaching or consultation, don't accept any kind of advertising or sponsorship.