Coffee and a snack?

Options
2»

Replies

• ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Some of these would work with coffee while some may not. Thought I'd offer all of them as ideas you might like...

Jell-O Sugar Free Pudding in the refrigerated section... only 60 calories with a half Tablespoon of Natural Creamy PB mixed in... 45 calories for a total of 105 calories.

Pumpkin & Chocolate Chip Muffins Just 3 ingredients... 1 box of Spice Cake Mix, 1 Can of Pure Pumpkin and 60 grams of mini semi sweet choc chips. ~ approx 175 calories a muffin

Dannon Fit & Light Yogurt (love the new Pumpkin Pie flavor that is out, also the Apple Pie, Banana, Toasted Coconut and Blueberry are all good) Only 80 calories with 12 grams of protein and just 7 grams of sugar. I add 5 grams of Kind Peanut Butter Yogurt to add a little crunch... that is an additional 20 calories... so total is 100 calories

Breyers Delights - Chocolate Mini Pint, 1 mini pint 5 grams of protein and 6 grams of sugar ~ only 70 calories

Thomas Multigrain Light English Muffin at 8 grams of Fiber and 5 protein... these are just 100 calories. I slice these into, toast and top with half a Tablespoon of Natural Peanut Butter for an additional 45 calories. Total 145 calories for a filling and healthy quick snack. I often have this as part of my breakfast actually.

Orville Redenbacher's - Smart Pop 100 Calorie Kettle Corn Popcorn... it's a smaller bag (about half the size of your standard microwavable bag... but plenty to be satisfying and filling. Just 100 calories.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I love an afternoon snack of hot tea with either a couple squares of dark chocolate or a Lara Bar.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,969 Member
    Options
    A couple of Oreos, or one of those 100-calorie packs of mini Oreos. Oreos are fantastic dunked in coffee -- much better than milk.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I have fruit or nuts with coffee usually.
  • Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Fiber One brownies or a couple of squares of dark chocolate. I personally like a banana or berries with coffee. Maybe grapes would work? I'm not sure. If you can moderate nuts, a weighed out portion of nuts goes well with coffee too, but can be just as many calories if you aren't careful.

It doesn't fit your low added sugar directive, but a couple of shortbread cookies or chocolate wafers would fit calorie wise.

+1 for the fibre one brownies - those things are something else! <3
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I am amazed no one has recommended stroopwafels (caramel waffles). They normally come in at about 130-160kcals each and are designed to go with a coffee. Not low sugar, but under 200kcals.
  • alexa0ne
    alexa0ne Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    How about fruits for a snack?
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Cinnammin toast
    Oatmeal
    Sandwich skinny (90 cals) with any combination of peanut or nut butter, jelly or preserves, cream cheese or fresh fruit. Pb and banana, cream cheese and fresh strawberries, almond butter and jelly, etc...
  • Hyacinth_Hippo
    Hyacinth_Hippo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't think bringing more than one snack to work is a good idea, I have no self control when I'm sitting at my desk, and there isn't really anywhere else in my office I could put things.
    I'm also thinking rice cakes with jam is a good idea, I'm going to try out these suggestions next week. Thanks everyone!
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Anything with cinnamon will pair well with coffee.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    My favourite combo with coffee is dark chocolate. I'm also easier to satisfy with dark chocolate than milk, so a couple of squares is enough (whereas I will eat the entire slab of milk)
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    I like Nairn’s dark chocolate chip oat biscuits. 44 kcal per oat biscuit. Go nicely with coffee :)
  • strunch
    strunch Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    one or two fig cookies usually satisfies me...or even better ginger snaps.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I like rice krispie treats for a small, sweet snack. They aren't terrible in calories either. I think that would go well with coffee.

And you can make them with any cereal, not just rice krispies. The day I discovered Life krispy treats was magical.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    You can make your own "indulgent" dessert things too. It's not quite the same, but these are still sweet and have dessert aspects. And, can be under 200 cals.

1 frozen waffle or pancake, topped with a frozen 80cal yogurt (let it thaw for 10 min) and then scoop it on top, a couple chopped strawberries, and 1 tbsp chocolate chips/nuts/dried fruit/crushed candy bar etc.

1 packet of plain oatmeal, mixed with 1 egg white, cinnamon, Splenda, and a little water. Microwave that for 1 minute. Top with 1 tbsp raisins and a squirt of whipped cream.

1 small sweet potato cut into slices. Toast or bake with a few squirts of butter spray, cinnamon, Splenda, nutmeg and honey. Dip the slices into vanilla yogurt.