Sweet tooth

Options
2»

Replies

• Pardyqueenxoxo
    Pardyqueenxoxo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have a pint of ben and jerrys that i make last me around 2 week, so 2/3 spoonfuls evry couple of days seems to tide me over.

protein bars, fruit winders, sorbet, strawberry licorice all help me on my workout days xx
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Options
    Not to be a smart *kitten* but how about moderation? I have a craving for PB and chocolate, like every minute of everyday! I have a small spoon of PB and a single piece of chocolate almost every evening. I take the spoonful and the piece of chocolate, then put away the PB jar and the chocolate bar so as not to tempt me to get more.

I use the fact that I will allow myself this indulgence to motivate me to reach my goals during the day.

However, I do get that moderation can be a problem for some so there are options and I see a lot of great suggestions above.

I hope that you find something that helps you.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Options
    JoAnna4731 wrote: »
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    Not to be a smart *kitten* but how about moderation? I have a craving for PB and chocolate, like every minute of everyday! I have a small spoon of PB and a single piece of chocolate almost every evening. I take the spoonful and the piece of chocolate, then put away the PB jar and the chocolate bar so as not to tempt me to get more.

I use the fact that I will allow myself this indulgence to motivate me to reach my goals during the day.

However, I do get that moderation can be a problem for some so there are options and I see a lot of great suggestions above.

I hope that you find something that helps you.

What you just described would be a trigger for me. Putting the PB and chocolate away would not be a deterrent for me just going and getting it out of the cupboard again.

I do, however, allow myself ice cream every day - my six year old son and I have dessert together every night, and the combination of single serve cups/ice cream bars and me not wanting him to see me out of control seems to have gotten me over the moderation hump.

It's not easy, I agree.

You seem to have a good motivation with your son though. Congrats!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I have like 1/4 cup of ice cream every night. I also will have a square of chocolate (35 calories). For me, the better the quality, the less I have to eat to satisfy myself.

I also find dropping sugar in my coffee and tea actually really helps.
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Halo Top and other low cal ice cream does the trick for me. I can get pint of Low Cow Chocolate at Kroger for about $3.50. I eat the whole pint which comes in at 240 calories and I like it! I always save calories for my nighttime TV snack.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    chromium picolinate supplement helped me a lot. after about half the bottle i didnt need it anymore.
  • hroderick
    Options
    heavenlyml wrote: »
    I have to watch my blood sugar because of danger of becoming a diabetic. I use walden farms products--sugar free, carb free, calorie free. Some are gross, but the ones I like are the jams, strawberry syrup on low carb/ no sugar added ice cream, and I use the chocolate syrup in unsweetened almond milk with stevia blended with ice to kick a late night sweet tooth. I order the products through a website--it's cheaper than my local store.

These are a staple for me. Chocolate in milk and ceasar dressing are my favs. I just got bbq sauce and am looking for ketchup.
  • hroderick
    Options
    I have a 1 bite limit. It makes me feel in control and I don't even bother to log it. I have a psych compulsion to waste not and am practicing throwing it away instead of leaving stale baked temptation in the house.
  • knavarro2015
    knavarro2015 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sugar free chocolate pudding & sugar free fudgescicles
  • admaarie
    admaarie Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Halo top and other low cal ice creams, fruit, sugar free chocolate pudding (50 cals) with strawberries (like 11 cals for 4 medium ones), 50-100 cal popsicles, dark chocolate, fun sized chocolates, etc!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I like having a big desserty breakfast, it helps me stay sane plus keeps my blood sugar level. I have steel cut oats made with milk, walnuts, and Granny Smith apples, plus fresh blueberries, cinnamon, slivers of dark chocolate, and toasted unsweetened coconut flakes, and a dab of almond butter and Greek yogurt. It's about 400 calories and about 45g carbs but for some reason doesn't spike me at all - often my blood sugar is lower an hour after eating this than before. Lots of protein, especially if you add a side of eggs or cottage cheese. And it feels really luxe and indulgent.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    A lot of people find success with either fruit or something with artificial sweeteners to take that edge off. Fruit works somewhat for me, but when it comes to sweets, sometimes I just need to dedicate the calories to getting what I really want.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I just discovered mini drumsticks "lil drums". I love drumsticks (the ice cream cones) so much but they are huge, so these are perfect. 110 calories.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Plan to have something sweet every day, NO deprivation! Nothing wrong with a sweet tooth, just work it in to your daily meal planning.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    gemli318 wrote: »
    I am approaching my 1 year anniversary of a 50 lb weight loss and I would like some suggestion on dismissing this nagging sweet tooth that I can’t seem to shake. Suggestions?

I've personally come to the conclusion I'll probably never shake my sweet tooth. It's part of me like being naturally introverted or having awesome hair.

Strategies to help keep my consumption in place (so budgeting for something sweet into my daily calories etc) do work and that's, I guess, what ultimately counts.
  • inherentst0rm
    inherentst0rm Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello cups do the trick for me. Only 89 calories or so!
  • LeLum5
    LeLum5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Strawberries with reddiwhip or homemade whipped cream is very good and helps me alot also keto chocolate mug cake with whipped cream on top is also one of my go to desserts.. Every once in a while I will do the Breyers carb smart vanilla ice cream 💃soooo good! Just have small portions and dont deprive yourself enjoy desserts in moderation
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Chloe’s frozen fruit bars are delicious. 60 cals. I like the chocolate, coffee and pomegranate flavors best.
  • Marycatherinee9672
    Options
    Dairy free dessert