Keto friends!

I’m starting over again and would love motivational friends! I’d also enjoy hearing some yummy keto recipes as I think I wanna try the keto diet. As for right now, I need motivational friends. :)

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Why do you think you want to try the keto diet, as you can eat any yummy recipe in the world as long as you're not on keto?
  • Dozer8814
    Dozer8814 Posts: 29 Member
    Why do you think you want to try the keto diet, as you can eat any yummy recipe in the world as long as you're not on keto?

I wanna try keto because I struggle majorly with my carbs. I’m open to any healthy recipes but I eat way too many carbs!!!
  • kommodevaran
    OK. Recipes for food you would eat for a meal, are generally healthy, or can be part of a healthy diet. What do you mean by "carbs", and how do you know you eat too many?
  • WagsTowson
    WagsTowson Posts: 30 Member
    I'm considering the keto lifestyle. Trespense, can you give some background on how it has worked for you?
  • nancyvinci92
    nancyvinci92 Posts: 9 Member
    How long till the keto lifestyle starts affecting your body
  • michelleghiagirl
    michelleghiagirl Posts: 1 Member
    I’m a noob to the KETO lifestyle. Been trying it for about 2 months now. Been low key and want to know/do more. Is there a group here for support?
  • kommodevaran
    edited August 2018
    Dozer8814 wrote: »
    OK. Recipes for food you would eat for a meal, are generally healthy, or can be part of a healthy diet. What do you mean by "carbs", and how do you know you eat too many?

I favor breads, potatoes, rice, soda, etc. I dislike consuming too many carbs and I know I’ve eaten too many cuz mfp tells me. My body tells me. And it’s common sense. So I wanna reduce my carb intake. I don’t think that’s a bad thing.
    If you want to eat less of something, do that. You don't need friends for that. To eat or not eat, and what to eat and not eat, is ultimately your decision.
    You decide how much of anything to eat. MFP just gives you a calorie target to hit to lose weight, and a suggestion for how to balance your nutrition so you don't starve while eating less.
    It's not "common sense" to cut out carbs. It's a fad. If you want to lose weight, it's common sense to cut down most of the less nutritious food. Bread, potatoes, rice, soda is a range of foods with different nutritional profiles. Soda is the obvious less nutritious item on your list. Fruit, vegetables and dairy are just as obviously missing from your list of "carbs".
    If you like something, you will miss it when you try to cut it out. When you feel deprived, you will overeat.
    Sensible approaches include aiming for balance. Going from one extreme to another is exhausting.
    It's fun now, but when the excitement wears off, you have nothing. Weightloss is slow, weight management takes forever.

Whenever you consider an extreme approach, ask yourself:
    Do you think you have to do it like that?
    Do you think it's the only option?
    Do you think it's the best option?
    Do you want to do it like that?
    Are you considering it because it sounds fun?
    Or are you considering it because it sounds hard, so you have a good excuse to quit?
  • mrsbrightwell
    mrsbrightwell Posts: 5 Member
    Hi I’m doing Keto would you mind if I joined too 😊😊
  • ArmyMedic23PFA
    ArmyMedic23PFA Posts: 726 Member
    Dozer8814 wrote: »

I favor breads, potatoes, rice, soda, etc. I dislike consuming too many carbs and I know I’ve eaten too many cuz mfp tells me. My body tells me. And it’s common sense. So I wanna reduce my carb intake. I don’t think that’s a bad thing.
    If you want to eat less of something, do that. You don't need friends for that. To eat or not eat, and what to eat and not eat, is ultimately your decision.
    You decide how much of anything to eat. MFP just gives you a calorie target to hit to lose weight, and a suggestion for how to balance your nutrition so you don't starve while eating less.
    It's not "common sense" to cut out carbs. It's a fad. If you want to lose weight, it's common sense to cut down most of the less nutritious food. Bread, potatoes, rice, soda is a range of foods with different nutritional profiles. Soda is the obvious less nutritious item on your list. Fruit, vegetables and dairy are just as obviously missing from your list of "carbs".
    If you like something, you will miss it when you try to cut it out. When you feel deprived, you will overeat.
    Sensible approaches include aiming for balance. Going from one extreme to another is exhausting.
    It's fun now, but when the excitement wears off, you have nothing. Weightloss is slow, weight management takes forever.

Whenever you consider an extreme approach, ask yourself:
    Do you think you have to do it like that?
    Do you think it's the only option?
    Do you think it's the best option?
    Do you want to do it like that?
    Are you considering it because it sounds fun?
    Or are you considering it because it sounds hard, so you have a good excuse to quit?

The idea of MFP is to support each other and provide advice, constructive criticism is always welcomed, but lets not vilivise somebody for making a choice that's different to your own.
  • Laura7057
    Laura7057 Posts: 7 Member
    I am new to Keto so motivational friends would be helpful. I have struggled with my weight my whole adult life. I have always tried to eat healthy so the meals I have tried in the last 2 weeks are pretty similar to how I already have been eating (minus carb restriction). I frequently eat not enough and have to push to add more when I don't feel like it just to reach my calorie goal. My Fitness Pal frequently tells me I am not eating enough also. I have lost 8 pounds but I believe it is mostly water. Help me not to become discouraged!!
  • Pineapples
    Pineapples Posts: 246 Member
    well I'm on day 5 of Keto. you are welcome to add me as a friend. :smiley:
  • DJSupreme33
    DJSupreme33 Posts: 3 Member
    I dont care what anybody says about Keto, in only 3 days my knee swelling and pain is nearly gone. It is not a fad anymore than the typical body building tilapia, sweet potato meal plan is. It seems beneficial thus far
  • ruffneckred
    ruffneckred Posts: 69 Member
    I have been doing keto since may with good results, facing diabetes was the primary motivator. I would like to see more threads and interaction about it. I don't really discuss it with people because seems like everyone wants to get on their soapbox and tell me I am wrong.