Petite Women Weight Loss???

Options
2»

Replies

• rikkejohnsenrij
    rikkejohnsenrij Posts: 510 Member
    Options

However, my point remains that mfp doesn't work very well for older / smaller folk. It also doesn't allow for averaging your calories over a week or a month. I make sure all my calories are healthy choices and balance my food intake over a period of time.

If you use tha app, and go to "Nutrition" you can see calories pr day, week or month. Both total and average
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Those last pounds are slow for everyone, less room for error :/. It takes accurate tracking of calories.

My last 5 lbs seemed to take forever, but that was because I wasn't being overly accurate at recording my intake the majority of the time. When I did knuckle down to averaging 1500-1600 gross cals a day I lost 0.5lb a week - although at the time some weeks the scale didn't move, other weeks there was a whoosh of loss but the average rate of loss over a period of 2 months was 0.5lb a week. (I'm 5ft 2, 49 and fairly active)
  • Candyspun
    Candyspun Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    My partner and I were talking about how different we are in our weight loss, yesterday. I've lost 8.4kg over three months (I started out overweight) and he's lost 7kg in probably a month and a half (he's morbidly obese, and still in the honeymoon stage, where some weeks he'll just lose a lot at a time).

He was frustrated because he felt like his weight loss wasn't that noticeable yet, to him. I can notice it, but I see what he means. He is 5'9, and has a lot to lose. He also has more muscle than I do, and larger bones (I'm not saying 'big boned' in the excuse way, just in the factual way :P ). Also, he knows his rate of weight loss will slow down soon, and I think that worries him. But I believe he'll physically be able to do more physical activity by then, anyway.

Whereas I have lost only a kilo and a bit more than him, and I basically look like a new person. I'm 5'1, I don't have a lot of muscle, and I have very fine, small bones. Every single week I've lost any amount of weight has altered my appearance quite drastically. I've heard many people say that you need to lose 7kg to drop a dress size, but I find I've dropped three of them. I definitely attribute that to my height and my bone structure.

And even though my partner is frustrated by this, he knows that I'm frustrated by him, all the time! He gets 1,500 calories a day, and because he's heavier, it's ok for him to lose weight faster in those earlier days he's in. He also doesn't have a menstrual cycle that plays havoc with water retention, etc.

I suppose what I'm saying is that we all have things about our height and build that make it easier and harder in different ways. I try to focus on how lucky I am to be able to visually see those results quickly and often, and my partner tries to focus on how lucky he is to get so many calories to play with, each day. Work with your strengths :)