Size 16-18

Options
PCOS_VICTOR
PCOS_VICTOR Posts: 703 Member
Is being a size 16/18 still attractive? I feel like I’ll never be beautiful enough until I’m a 10/12
I want to be happy with who I am now until I get to where I want to be. I just assume my size is gross to look at. When I look at my body, especially in pictures I hate what I see....

Replies

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Remember you will always see yourself with a critical eye!
    Big women are beautiful and sexy too....its an inside coming out thing.
    We do need to be comfortable in our own skin though.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I feel a lot more attractive now that I am size 16 than I did at size 20. I still want to get down to size 14 but I will never be size 10 or 12! I am too tall for that to look anything but unhealthy on me
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    That's assuming we are talking about the same sized sizes. It can get confusing speaking international sizes
  • PCOS_VICTOR
    Options
    Mine is US size
  • Lorelei19
    Lorelei19 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You just reminded me of something my husband told me. He said, there’s always going to be someone bigger than you that would do everything to be your size.

That's really something I'm going to try to remember from now on. Especially when I'm feeling even more critical of myself.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    I think you’re gorgeous. However, it comes down to how you feel about yourself and what you see. We are our own worst critics.

What’s funny is I look at you, like man she looks like she has some height. Seriously though, when I gain 5lbs it’s freaking noticeable 😆

You’re proportional and gorgeous. A pretty smile, glowy skin, pretty eyes and I see vibrance through your eyes that show me, you’re a genuine kind hearted woman.

😘😘
  • PCOS_VICTOR
    Options
    I think you’re gorgeous. However, it comes down to how you feel about yourself and what you see. We are our own worst critics.

What’s funny is I look at you, like man she looks like she has some height. Seriously though, when I gain 5lbs it’s freaking noticeable 😆

You’re proportional and gorgeous. A pretty smile, glowy skin, pretty eyes and I see vibrance through your eyes that show me, you’re a genuine kind hearted woman.

😘😘
    Thank you so much! I’m so glad that I don’t look as big as I think I am! Haha
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I've been this size my entire adult life. I have had zero problems being "attractive" to others at that size.

Really, the problem is the hyper-critical attitude I have toward myself and the realization that I was taught at a young age to hate my body because I was bigger than other girls my age. Self-love is an important concept and one that a lot of people do not learn until they get older.. heck, some people never really learn it.

I accept myself as I am currently and work to change what I can, even though it has been very slow for me.
  • Peach7911
    Peach7911 Posts: 50 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I’ve been a size 16 in pants since I can remember no matter how much weight I lose. I’ve gone from 221 to 198 in 66 days and still a 16 but I feel sexier and healthier! Focus on health babe! You’re beautiful!
  • IHaveMyActTogether
    IHaveMyActTogether Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    When I was a size 20/22, I felt ugly & thought i'd love myself more if I could just get to a size 12/14. When I got there, I still didn't feel beautiful. I thought, "If I could only get to a size 10, i'd be beautiful!" So I hired an online coach since I was at a plateau. In 12 wks, I went from a size 12 to a size 8. For the 1st time in my adult life, I was in single digits. Was I happy? NO! I've been able to maintain my dress size but i'm still NOT happy with my body! My hips are too wide, my belly isn't flat enough.The moral of the story is, sometimes we fool ourselves into thinking that if we could just get to a certain size, our lives would be much better & we would be happier. This is not always the case. Don't get me wrong, im glad i'm not the size I used to be. My eating habits were unhealthy & I never exercised. So i'm greatful i've changed my lifestyle. So while I have the dress size i've always wanted, I still don't have the body I thought i'd have. 😢 My advice to the OP & anyone else that needs to hear it, is that we all need to take time to love ouselves, just the way we are RIGHT NOW! Be thankful we have the strength to move & the ability to workout. My hope is that you will find it within yourself to realize you are amazing no matter what size you are!

You should post this in the "body positivity" thread in the debate section of the board, because many people don't understand what you so eloquently stated.

• go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah it’s still sexy!

Even though we are our own worst critics, rock what you got!
  • PCOS_VICTOR
    Options
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    When I was a size 20/22, I felt ugly & thought i'd love myself more if I could just get to a size 12/14. When I got there, I still didn't feel beautiful. I thought, "If I could only get to a size 10, i'd be beautiful!" So I hired an online coach since I was at a plateau. In 12 wks, I went from a size 12 to a size 8. For the 1st time in my adult life, I was in single digits. Was I happy? NO! I've been able to maintain my dress size but i'm still NOT happy with my body! My hips are too wide, my belly isn't flat enough.The moral of the story is, sometimes we fool ourselves into thinking that if we could just get to a certain size, our lives would be much better & we would be happier. This is not always the case. Don't get me wrong, i'm glad i'm not the size I used to be. My eating habits were unhealthy & I never exercised. So i'm grateful i've changed my lifestyle. So while I have the dress size i've always wanted, I still don't have the body I thought i'd have. 😢 My advice to the OP & anyone else that needs to hear it, is that we all need to take time to love ouselves, just the way we are RIGHT NOW! Be thankful we have the strength to move & the ability to workout. My hope is that you will find it within yourself to realize you are amazing no matter what size you are!

This was beautifully put! Thank you!! ❤️ You’re an inspiration
  • Adele_D
    Adele_D Posts: 4,154 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Is being a size 16/18 still attractive? I feel like I’ll never be beautiful enough until I’m a 10/12
    I want to be happy with who I am now until I get to where I want to be. I just assume my size is gross to look at. When I look at my body, especially in pictures I hate what I see....

I struggle with this a lot!! I see myself in pics and I’m so disappointed. I can pick a million flaws out. I know that God says that I am fearfully and wonderfully made, but when society tells me that I have to be a size 0 or have to look a certain way, it’s hard not to listen. I totally feel your struggle, I think you are beautiful and very attractive! You have a husband that obviously loves you and that’s wonderful!! Thanks for posting this, I’m glad to know I’m not alone!😊

• Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    We live in a society where the smaller you are, the more attention and approval you get, and even if you don't meet conventional standards of 'pretty' you're still treated as if you are, because we've equated 'thin' with 'attractive'. The bigger you are, the more you're invisible. If we lived in a society where being thin was deemed 'unattractive', MFP would probably stand for "My Fatness Pal", and people would be wondering if a size 6/8 was still attractive.

People of all sizes are attractive. I knew a woman who was morbidly obese and very plain looking. She'd already ditched one husband, had a second husband and a live-in lover who both fawned over her, and an entourage of men and women fluttering around her who did whatever she asked. There was a magnetism about her that I've never seen or felt before or since. Her weight had nothing to do with it. She was attractive because she had powerful self confidence, self belief and self love. She knew she was special, and so did everyone else who responded to her.
  • PCOS_VICTOR
    Options
    Honey, I'm a size 14, heading slowly down to a 12 - and that's from a high of a 24... and I keep thinking I can't wait until I'm a size 6--or at least a size 10. But then I think about how far I've come and how little the number on the pants or even the numbers on scale mean compared to how I feel about my progression and personal achievements.

It's hard when those stupid numbers have been hammered into your head all your life from one source or another. But at some point, you have to let all of that crap go and love yourself enough to just be happy with who you are and how you are. Crushing your goals won't make you more beautiful. They'll just make you even more proud of your own achievements. The resulting confidence, however, will blow your mind. Prepare the hub... or don't ;) lol.

Thank you for your insight ❤️
  • PCOS_VICTOR
    Options
    We live in a society where the smaller you are, the more attention and approval you get, and even if you don't meet conventional standards of 'pretty' you're still treated as if you are, because we've equated 'thin' with 'attractive'. The bigger you are, the more you're invisible. If we lived in a society where being thin was deemed 'unattractive', MFP would probably stand for "My Fatness Pal", and people would be wondering if a size 6/8 was still attractive.

People of all sizes are attractive. I knew a woman who was morbidly obese and very plain looking. She'd already ditched one husband, had a second husband and a live-in lover who both fawned over her, and an entourage of men and women fluttering around her who did whatever she asked. There was a magnetism about her that I've never seen or felt before or since. Her weight had nothing to do with it. She was attractive because she had powerful self confidence, self belief and self love. She knew she was special, and so did everyone else who responded to her.

Thank you for sharing ❤️