Breakfast???

Options
What do you eat for breakfast?? I love Cheerios, but on the days that I go work out, which is generally all of them, that doesn't cut it. I feel like I'm going to fall over. Do I just suck it up and eat the oatmeal or eggs or whatever since I'm burning the majority of those calories that morning anyhow?

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I love doing a banana with either Honey Nut Cheerios or Special K with light soy milk. I also like scrambled egg whites and turkey bacon, a wheat bagel with almond butter, or oatmeal with banana and some cinnamon or spicing in it. :)
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    forget the cereal!!! Go for eggs and cottage cheese, mix the cottage cheese in when eggs are almost done :smile:

You can also add in a protein shake too
  • vnelson17
    Options
    egg white omelet with a shrimp is pretty good. i also do cream of wheat some mornings.
  • RichNice
    RichNice Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Made some instant maple oatmeal from trader joe's with some soy milk mixed in...and two boiled eggs...should hold me over until snack time @ 10:30
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have 1 cup (cooked) oatmeal, 1 protein shake with frozen strawberries, and one banana for breakfast. it's about 430 cals and my largest meal of the day. I usually have half the banana before i workout and the rest when i get home from the gym. If you're going to eggs, which is always good, try to use eggbeaters or egg sensations with one whole egg added. that'll keep the cholesterol down. but add a carb to that.
  • alymay7
    alymay7 Posts: 8
    Options
    I like to eat Quaker no salt rice cakes and spread a bit of jam on it. Low calorie, lots of fiber, and very filling.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Add protein to your breakfast.
  • taraleola05
    taraleola05 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I too generally work out in the mornings. I usually have a bowl of cereal 30 minutes before my workout and sometimes have some wheat toast and a glass of juice. 30 minutes later I'm hitting it at the gym and then afterwards I always have something to eat, whether that be just a few slices of deli meat, fruit, or a granola bar! Listen to what your body wants after you workout, it generally wants something more healthy than just when you are sitting around and wanting to binge!
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    scrambled egg/turkey sausage patty/piece of fruit.
    oatmeal topped with fresh blueberries/fruit
    pancakes made with wholewheat flour/fresh fruit
    scrambled eggs mixed with low fat chorizo/low fat mozzerela cheese

all the above are under 300 calories
  • sandrichelle
    Options
    English muffin with all natural skippy peanut butter and topped with a banana. Yummy and keeps me full for a long time.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I agree add protein

I love greek yogurt

peanutbutter toast

or a breakfest burrito with 1 scrambled egg green peppers and onions. but add any veggies you like. I like jalapenos when i;'m in the mood for a kick. i dip mine in salsa as well
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I have been eating a lot of Multigrain Cheerios for breakfast, but I eat my dry. I eat that with a cup of chocolate milk and 2 eggs. Fills me up and I don't need anything until 10:30am (I eat breakfast at 7:30, and eat every 3 to 4 hours). Sometimes I can even go without my morning snack and wait for lunch.
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Most work days I have Fiber Plus cereal with skim at home and then have a fiber one bar when I get to work. Every once in a while I will do a whole wheat waffle with peanut butter.... weekends are a free for all!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    you could add almonds and a banana to your cheeros to make them more filling too
  • SallieBeige
    SallieBeige Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I avoid sweetened, refined cereals like cherios
    When I look at the nutritional value it seems to be the same as cake so when I want to spoil myself for breakfast I just do it properly and have a custard danish instead :(
  • cloudj9
    cloudj9 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Turkey BLT!
  • maritza327
    maritza327 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    What do you eat for breakfast?? I love Cheerios, but on the days that I go work out, which is generally all of them, that doesn't cut it. I feel like I'm going to fall over. Do I just suck it up and eat the oatmeal or eggs or whatever since I'm burning the majority of those calories that morning anyhow?

On the days that I work out I make a protein shake. I have it 645 am and it will leave me filling full and satisfied until 11 am

1 cup Vanilla coconut milk (I don't like the taste of soy or almond)
    1 tbsp all natural peanut butter
    1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    half tray of ice
    Blend
  • lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm a big protein bar lover. If you find the right ones, you wind up craving the taste instead of detesting it. Try Think Thin bars, specifically the creamy peanut butter and brownie crunch flavors. They're delish. Otherwise, I'd suggest what everybody else is....eggs, cream of wheat, oatmeal, etc. Good luck!
  • Skeith5
    Skeith5 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This morning I had 1/4C of egg beaters (southwestern Style), an English Muffin, and 4.5oz of Cantaloupe...

If you are thinking of doing eggs every morning, I'd switch to something with less cholesterol like egg beaters.

Scott
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat cereal....I almost every monring eat an eggwhite omlett with veggies, slice of cheese, and 1 slice of either bacon or deli ham. YUM@